Lindsay Lohan Not Receiving Special Treatment in Jail
A spokesman for the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department has dismissed reports Lindsay Lohan is receiving special privileges in prison, insisting guards are treating her "like any other inmate". The "Mean Girls" actress was sentenced to 90 days behind bars for breaching her parole in relation to a 2007 DUI arrest and she was admitted to the Century Regional Detention Facility in Lynwood, California, on Tuesday, July 20.
Subsequent reports have suggested Lohan is being kept away from the general population of the prison for her own safety, staying in a single cell with her own shower. Former inmate Debra Sickels, who was released not long after the star's incarceration, told the New York Daily News that Lohan's extra perks, including access to a private phone and a private guard at her disposal, had riled the other prisoners.
Sickels said, "She's getting special treatment. Some inmates were getting p**sy over it... The girls said they cleaned a special room for Lindsay. It had a regular hospital bed, a TV and a dresser for her new clothes and socks."
But Los Angeles sheriff's department spokesman Steve Whitmore is adamant Lohan is not being treated any differently. He says, "She's being treated like any other inmate in her classification. There's no special treatment at all."
Lohan is expected to serve just a fraction of her 90-day sentence and could be released as early as August 1.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Britney Spears and Tinashe Share Photo From 'Slumber Party' Video Shoot
- Jennifer Lawrence Has Competition! Scarlett Johansson Develops a Zelda Fitzgerald Rival Project
- 'The Punisher' Announces 5 More New Cast Members
- Kristen Stewart Reunites With 'Twilight' Co-Stars at Women in Hollywood Awards
- Len Wiseman Files for Divorce From Kate Beckinsale
- Lady GaGa to Perform at 2016 American Music Awards
- Gilmore Girls at Major Crossroads in 'A Year in the Life' First Trailer
- Justin Timberlake Votes Early and Lands in Trouble for Taking Ballot Selfie