Prosecutors Want Wesley Snipes to Be Sent to Jail Immediately
Prosecutors are demanding Wesley Snipes' bail is revoked and the movie star is sent to prison immediately for failing to file tax returns. On Friday, July 16, officials in an Atlanta, Georgia appeals court upheld a judge's decision to put Snipes behind bars for three years on federal tax charges.
No date for the Blade star's surrender was discussed and the correctional facility where Snipes, who has been free on bail pending the outcome of the appeal, would serve his time hasn't been revealed. On Wednesday, July 21, prosecutors filed a motion opposing Snipes' bail, stating, "There is no good reason to delay his surrender".
The star's attorney, Daniel Meachum, insists he will respond to the filed documents soon. A jury originally convicted Snipes on three misdemeanor counts of willful failure to file his income tax returns in 2008.
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie