Prosecutors Want Wesley Snipes to Be Sent to Jail Immediately
Prosecutors are demanding Wesley Snipes' bail is revoked and the movie star is sent to prison immediately for failing to file tax returns. On Friday, July 16, officials in an Atlanta, Georgia appeals court upheld a judge's decision to put Snipes behind bars for three years on federal tax charges.
No date for the Blade star's surrender was discussed and the correctional facility where Snipes, who has been free on bail pending the outcome of the appeal, would serve his time hasn't been revealed. On Wednesday, July 21, prosecutors filed a motion opposing Snipes' bail, stating, "There is no good reason to delay his surrender".
The star's attorney, Daniel Meachum, insists he will respond to the filed documents soon. A jury originally convicted Snipes on three misdemeanor counts of willful failure to file his income tax returns in 2008.
- Bye 'KUWTK'! Kim Kardashian Is Focusing on Her New Show 'Glam Masters'
- Report: Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Are Getting Serious
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Are Spotted on Movie Date in Chicago
- Mac Miller Wants to Cancel His Tour to Be by Ariana Grande's Side After Concert Bombing
- 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' New Vanity Fair Covers Offer New Look at Cast Members
- Jennifer Lopez Shares Sweet Picture With Alex Rodriguez, Dubs Him Her Man Crush
- Jimmy Kimmel Predicts Rachel Lindsay's 'The Bachelorette' Final 3
- Rain and Kim Tae Hee Are Expecting Their First Child