Prosecutors Want Wesley Snipes to Be Sent to Jail Immediately
Prosecutors are demanding Wesley Snipes' bail is revoked and the movie star is sent to prison immediately for failing to file tax returns. On Friday, July 16, officials in an Atlanta, Georgia appeals court upheld a judge's decision to put Snipes behind bars for three years on federal tax charges.
No date for the Blade star's surrender was discussed and the correctional facility where Snipes, who has been free on bail pending the outcome of the appeal, would serve his time hasn't been revealed. On Wednesday, July 21, prosecutors filed a motion opposing Snipes' bail, stating, "There is no good reason to delay his surrender".
The star's attorney, Daniel Meachum, insists he will respond to the filed documents soon. A jury originally convicted Snipes on three misdemeanor counts of willful failure to file his income tax returns in 2008.
- Fragile Yoko Ono Is Hoping to See John Lennon in Heaven
- Beyhive Is on the Hunt for Beyonce's Secret Snapchat Account
- Lionel Richie Puts 'All the Hits Tour' on Hold Due to Knee Surgery
- Did Justin Bieber Just Hint That He's Dating Someone on Twitter?
- Perrie Edwards Sparks Pregnancy Speculation With Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
- Cress Williams to Lead The CW's DC Superhero Series 'Black Lightning'
- Joe Carnahan Rumored to Direct 'X-Force', Ryan Reynolds to Co-Write the Movie
- Did Nicki Minaj Just Diss Lil' Kim in Gucci Mane Collaboration 'Make Love'?