Prosecutors Want Wesley Snipes to Be Sent to Jail Immediately
Prosecutors are demanding Wesley Snipes' bail is revoked and the movie star is sent to prison immediately for failing to file tax returns. On Friday, July 16, officials in an Atlanta, Georgia appeals court upheld a judge's decision to put Snipes behind bars for three years on federal tax charges.
No date for the Blade star's surrender was discussed and the correctional facility where Snipes, who has been free on bail pending the outcome of the appeal, would serve his time hasn't been revealed. On Wednesday, July 21, prosecutors filed a motion opposing Snipes' bail, stating, "There is no good reason to delay his surrender".
The star's attorney, Daniel Meachum, insists he will respond to the filed documents soon. A jury originally convicted Snipes on three misdemeanor counts of willful failure to file his income tax returns in 2008.
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie
- All One Directioners, Except Zayn Malik, Congratulate Niall Horan on His First Solo Single
- Megan Fox Steps Out for First Time Since Giving Birth to Her Third Child
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed
- Get First Look at 'Outlander' Season 3
- Benedict Cumberbatch May Confirm Doctor Strange's Appearance in 'Thor: Ragnarok'