Prosecutors Want Wesley Snipes to Be Sent to Jail Immediately
Prosecutors are demanding Wesley Snipes' bail is revoked and the movie star is sent to prison immediately for failing to file tax returns. On Friday, July 16, officials in an Atlanta, Georgia appeals court upheld a judge's decision to put Snipes behind bars for three years on federal tax charges.
No date for the Blade star's surrender was discussed and the correctional facility where Snipes, who has been free on bail pending the outcome of the appeal, would serve his time hasn't been revealed. On Wednesday, July 21, prosecutors filed a motion opposing Snipes' bail, stating, "There is no good reason to delay his surrender".
The star's attorney, Daniel Meachum, insists he will respond to the filed documents soon. A jury originally convicted Snipes on three misdemeanor counts of willful failure to file his income tax returns in 2008.
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed