Adam Ficek Upset and 'Miserable' With Babyshambles Split
Former Babyshambles drummer Adam Ficek spiraled into a "dark" and "miserable" period of depression during his final days in the British rock band, and blames a group "meltdown" for his decision to quit. Ficek walked away from the Pete Doherty-fronted band this summer after admitting he had not been in contact with the singer for months.
He said, "To be honest with you, there is a lot of confusion. I don't really know what is happening (with the group). I haven't spoken to Pete since March. He did a gig without me and guitarist Drew McConnell back in April."
The band mates have yet to properly address the split, but Ficek has now started to open up about the trouble within Babyshambles - although he admits there are some details that are best left out until a later date. In a post on his blog, titled 'I'm slowly growing again', he writes, "Where do I start, It's been a very dark, miserable and upsetting time regarding the band. Something I feel is an intrinsic part of me, has been lost. It's very difficult to go into detail about the situation - it's all a bit wobbly but, I'll do my best when things settle a little, apologies, I know you're all waiting for the gossip!"
Babyshambles have since replaced Ficek with Supergrass star Danny Goffey, who is filling in for the former drummer on all of the group's summer tour dates.
- Are They Engaged? Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Thompson Flaunt Matching Rings on Instagram
- Michael Phelps Secretly Weds Nicole Johnson
- Amber Tamblyn Expecting Her First Child With David Cross
- Macklemore Fighting His Demons in 'Drug Dealer' Music Video
- Gerard Butler Set to Return as Mike Banning in 'Angel Has Fallen'
- Bruno Mars Describes Adele as Diva: 'She's Got All This Attitude'
- Kim Kardashian Filming 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' Backstage at Kanye West's Concert
- Katy Perry Celebrates 32nd Birthday by Voting for Hillary Clinton and Hitting Kanye West's Concert