Adam Ficek Upset and 'Miserable' With Babyshambles Split
Former Babyshambles drummer Adam Ficek spiraled into a "dark" and "miserable" period of depression during his final days in the British rock band, and blames a group "meltdown" for his decision to quit. Ficek walked away from the Pete Doherty-fronted band this summer after admitting he had not been in contact with the singer for months.
He said, "To be honest with you, there is a lot of confusion. I don't really know what is happening (with the group). I haven't spoken to Pete since March. He did a gig without me and guitarist Drew McConnell back in April."
The band mates have yet to properly address the split, but Ficek has now started to open up about the trouble within Babyshambles - although he admits there are some details that are best left out until a later date. In a post on his blog, titled 'I'm slowly growing again', he writes, "Where do I start, It's been a very dark, miserable and upsetting time regarding the band. Something I feel is an intrinsic part of me, has been lost. It's very difficult to go into detail about the situation - it's all a bit wobbly but, I'll do my best when things settle a little, apologies, I know you're all waiting for the gossip!"
Babyshambles have since replaced Ficek with Supergrass star Danny Goffey, who is filling in for the former drummer on all of the group's summer tour dates.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival