Tiffani-Amber Thiessen Opens Up About Her Baby's Nightmare Birth
Former "Saved by the Bell" star Tiffani-Amber Thiessen is thankful her newborn daughter is fit and healthy after a nightmare birth. The actress and her husband Brady Smith welcomed their first child, Harper Renn Smith, in June, but Thiessen reveals her smooth pregnancy turned complicated as soon as she went into labor.
The baby girl was delivered by Cesarean section after 30 hours in a Los Angeles hospital and the star admits the tiring process was "very surreal". She says, "First my water didn't break; they had to do it for me. Then the baby wasn't descending, because the cord was wrapped around her neck. Once she was finally out, I didn't even get to hold her before they whisked her away. You're staring across the room, like, 'Hello? Over here!' The whole thing was very surreal."
Thiessen, who introduces the world to little Harper in a photo shoot for this week's People magazine, insists home life with her daughter has been much less dramatic and she's still marveling at her bundle of joy. She says, "She sleeps anywhere from three to four hours at a time at night, which is not bad. It's a lot of work. This is a kind of love that you never really knew about. You haven't known this person for very long, but you love them so much."
Thiessen and Smith wed in 2005.
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?