Tiffani-Amber Thiessen Opens Up About Her Baby's Nightmare Birth
Former "Saved by the Bell" star Tiffani-Amber Thiessen is thankful her newborn daughter is fit and healthy after a nightmare birth. The actress and her husband Brady Smith welcomed their first child, Harper Renn Smith, in June, but Thiessen reveals her smooth pregnancy turned complicated as soon as she went into labor.
The baby girl was delivered by Cesarean section after 30 hours in a Los Angeles hospital and the star admits the tiring process was "very surreal". She says, "First my water didn't break; they had to do it for me. Then the baby wasn't descending, because the cord was wrapped around her neck. Once she was finally out, I didn't even get to hold her before they whisked her away. You're staring across the room, like, 'Hello? Over here!' The whole thing was very surreal."
Thiessen, who introduces the world to little Harper in a photo shoot for this week's People magazine, insists home life with her daughter has been much less dramatic and she's still marveling at her bundle of joy. She says, "She sleeps anywhere from three to four hours at a time at night, which is not bad. It's a lot of work. This is a kind of love that you never really knew about. You haven't known this person for very long, but you love them so much."
Thiessen and Smith wed in 2005.
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media