Kelly Monaco 'Devastated' After Love Split, Praising James Franco
Actress Kelly Monaco is still struggling to come to terms with the "devastating" end of her 18-year romance with her high school sweetheart - comparing the love loss to "giving a child up for adoption". Monaco and her longtime love Michael Gonzalez broke up in 2009, leaving the "General Hospital" star single for the first time since she was 15.
Now 34, Monaco has opened up about her relationship woes, admitting she's having a hard time moving on. She says when appearing on "Wendy Williams Show", "I was with him for 18 years. It was devastating. There's not a day that goes by that I don't think about it... I feel like you can fall out of love and still be in love with somebody. I feel like I had to give a child up for adoption after having it for 18 years."
On the same occasion, Monaco has heaped praise on James Franco for turning his back on Hollywood to appear on TV drama "General Hospital" - because he proved soap actors are just as talented as movie stars. The "Spider-Man" star stunned fans when he announced he'd accepted a role on the long-running U.S. daytime show in 2009, marking a big departure from his usual Hollywood parts.
He played a recurring villain named Franco in his first brief run and returned to the soap again earlier this year to revive his character for more episodes. And Monaco, who has appeared on the TV drama since 2003, is thrilled that Franco has helped to ease the stereotyping she faces as a soap star.
She says, "Why not do a soap? I think it's awesome James came to 'General Hospital'. It takes the stigma away from stereotyping soap actors. It's really, really, really tough work. And when James is in... we would call it Franco Fridays - and he would have about 90 pages of dialog all to himself, so it's pretty incredible... In films you don't do that, you have maybe five pages."
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal