Bret Michaels Believes Tony Accident Related to Brain Hemorrhage
Bret Michaels is convinced his freak accident at the 2009 Tony Awards "probably" contributed to his recent brain hemorrhage. The Poison star was left with a fractured nose and a split lip after scenery fell on him as he left the stage at the New York ceremony in June 2009.
Ten months later, Michaels was admitted to hospital with bleeding on the brain and although there is no conclusive proof the accident caused the health scare, the star is adamant the two events must be connected.
He tells CNN.com, "Two different doctors at Vanderbilt (hospital in Tennessee) looked at it, and they said, 'Well, without a doubt, you broke your nose.' There were a couple things that happened that were superficial, and who cares, you know what I'm saying? But the other side of it is - let's tell the truth. Insurance companies immediately want to clear it under the table because most head injuries don't really present themselves or show for what could be two years, a year - you don't really know."
"But can I say specifically that I know that that's what caused it? No. I could never say that's what did it. But did it contribute to it? Probably."
- Bella Thorne Rises to Stardom in Trailer for 'Famous in Love' From 'Pretty Little Liars' Creator
- Justin Bieber Accidentally Reactivates Instagram Account
- Madonna, Usher and More Stars Pay Tribute to Michael Jackson on His Birthday
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: More Fights and Departures
- Britney and Beyonce Under Fire for Their VMAs Performances. Plus Get Details on Their Backstage Feud
- Taylor Swift Dismissed From Jury Duty due to Her Ongoing Sexual Abuse Case
- Production on 'The Maze Runner: The Death Cure' to Resume in February 2017
- Blake Lively Hosts Private Baby Shower With Taylor Swift