Bret Michaels Believes Tony Accident Related to Brain Hemorrhage
Bret Michaels is convinced his freak accident at the 2009 Tony Awards "probably" contributed to his recent brain hemorrhage. The Poison star was left with a fractured nose and a split lip after scenery fell on him as he left the stage at the New York ceremony in June 2009.
Ten months later, Michaels was admitted to hospital with bleeding on the brain and although there is no conclusive proof the accident caused the health scare, the star is adamant the two events must be connected.
He tells CNN.com, "Two different doctors at Vanderbilt (hospital in Tennessee) looked at it, and they said, 'Well, without a doubt, you broke your nose.' There were a couple things that happened that were superficial, and who cares, you know what I'm saying? But the other side of it is - let's tell the truth. Insurance companies immediately want to clear it under the table because most head injuries don't really present themselves or show for what could be two years, a year - you don't really know."
"But can I say specifically that I know that that's what caused it? No. I could never say that's what did it. But did it contribute to it? Probably."
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion
- Is Lindsay Lohan Really Pregnant? See Picture of Her Smoking in Sardinia