Bret Michaels Believes Tony Accident Related to Brain Hemorrhage
Bret Michaels is convinced his freak accident at the 2009 Tony Awards "probably" contributed to his recent brain hemorrhage. The Poison star was left with a fractured nose and a split lip after scenery fell on him as he left the stage at the New York ceremony in June 2009.
Ten months later, Michaels was admitted to hospital with bleeding on the brain and although there is no conclusive proof the accident caused the health scare, the star is adamant the two events must be connected.
He tells CNN.com, "Two different doctors at Vanderbilt (hospital in Tennessee) looked at it, and they said, 'Well, without a doubt, you broke your nose.' There were a couple things that happened that were superficial, and who cares, you know what I'm saying? But the other side of it is - let's tell the truth. Insurance companies immediately want to clear it under the table because most head injuries don't really present themselves or show for what could be two years, a year - you don't really know."
"But can I say specifically that I know that that's what caused it? No. I could never say that's what did it. But did it contribute to it? Probably."
- Scarlett Johansson Talks Dating Again as She Thinks Gordon Ramsay 'Is the Hottest Guy'
- Watch Demi Lovato Practice Kissing Using Ed Sheeran Pillow on 'Ew!' With Jimmy Fallon
- Listen to The Chainsmokers' Heartbreaking Ballad 'The One'
- First Official Photos of Alicia Vikander's Lara Croft in 'Tomb Raider' Reboot Are Unveiled
- Nicki Minaj Has Her Eyes on 'Sexy' Nick Cannon Amid Mariah Carey Diss
- Zayn Malik Terrified About Harry Styles' Solo Album: 'He's Going to Steal My Thunder'
- 'Fargo' Season 3 Extended Trailer Sees Ray and Nikki Plotting a Revenge
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24 Week 2: And the First Eliminated Celebrity Is ...