Bret Michaels Believes Tony Accident Related to Brain Hemorrhage
Bret Michaels is convinced his freak accident at the 2009 Tony Awards "probably" contributed to his recent brain hemorrhage. The Poison star was left with a fractured nose and a split lip after scenery fell on him as he left the stage at the New York ceremony in June 2009.
Ten months later, Michaels was admitted to hospital with bleeding on the brain and although there is no conclusive proof the accident caused the health scare, the star is adamant the two events must be connected.
He tells CNN.com, "Two different doctors at Vanderbilt (hospital in Tennessee) looked at it, and they said, 'Well, without a doubt, you broke your nose.' There were a couple things that happened that were superficial, and who cares, you know what I'm saying? But the other side of it is - let's tell the truth. Insurance companies immediately want to clear it under the table because most head injuries don't really present themselves or show for what could be two years, a year - you don't really know."
"But can I say specifically that I know that that's what caused it? No. I could never say that's what did it. But did it contribute to it? Probably."
- Scarlett Johansson All Smiles During Lunch Date With Mystery Man After Romain Dauriac Split
- The Chainsmokers and Coldplay Team Up for Love Song 'Something Just Like This'
- Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz Are 'Living Separate Lives'
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Spin-Off 'Mayans MC' Taps John Ortiz to Star as New Charter President
- Selena Gomez May Dump The Weeknd After He's Caught Texting Ex Bella Hadid
- BRIT Awards 2017: David Bowie Wins Top Prizes - See the Full Winner List
- 'Star' and 'Lethal Weapon' Renewed for Second Season on FOX
- Watch Kardashians-Inspired Cat Reality Show 'Keeping Up With The Kattarshians'