Bret Michaels Believes Tony Accident Related to Brain Hemorrhage
Bret Michaels is convinced his freak accident at the 2009 Tony Awards "probably" contributed to his recent brain hemorrhage. The Poison star was left with a fractured nose and a split lip after scenery fell on him as he left the stage at the New York ceremony in June 2009.
Ten months later, Michaels was admitted to hospital with bleeding on the brain and although there is no conclusive proof the accident caused the health scare, the star is adamant the two events must be connected.
He tells CNN.com, "Two different doctors at Vanderbilt (hospital in Tennessee) looked at it, and they said, 'Well, without a doubt, you broke your nose.' There were a couple things that happened that were superficial, and who cares, you know what I'm saying? But the other side of it is - let's tell the truth. Insurance companies immediately want to clear it under the table because most head injuries don't really present themselves or show for what could be two years, a year - you don't really know."
"But can I say specifically that I know that that's what caused it? No. I could never say that's what did it. But did it contribute to it? Probably."
- Donald Trump Calls 'SNL' Unwatchable, Alec Baldwin Reacts
- Jensen Ackles and Danneel Harris Welcome Twin Babies
- 'Sense8' Announces Premiere Dates for Christmas Special and Season 2
- Watch: Shawn Mendes Makes His Debut on 'SNL'
- Alec Baldwin's Donald Trump Can't Stop Tweeting During National Security Briefing on 'SNL'
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball