Ice-T Denies Driving on Suspended License
Rapper/actor Ice-T has blasted police allegations he was driving on a suspended license when he was pulled over in New York on Tuesday, July 20, dismissing the charge as a "lie". Cops stopped the "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" star and his wife Coco when the couple was spotted not wearing seatbelts.
A subsequent search of police records suggested Ice-T had been temporarily banned from driving and he was booked and released for the charge. But Ice-T is adamant he has not broken any rules and is convinced authorities have it all wrong - because his license from his native New Jersey is clean.
In a post on his Twitter.com blog, he writes, "That (suspended license) is some bulls**t they made up... Lie. For the record... My license is not suspended. I don't and never had a NYC licence. I have a valid NJ licence. It was all bulls**t."
Earlier in the day, he had tweeted: "Some punk b**ch rookie cop named Fisher #10026 Made the arrest of his bulls**t career today. Arresting the Notorious Ice T for no seatbelt." But Ice-T has more than the arrest on his mind - his bulldog Spartacus is sick after undergoing surgery on his knee.
The rapper writes, "Annnnyway (sic)... Spartacus is doing well after his surgery this morning. He'll be home tomorrow. Wow! What a morning! Honestly I'm really only thinking bout my dog. I'm glad he' s ok.. Send your get wells to @cutespartacus."
- Lady GaGa Annoyed by Traffic in 'Carpool Karaoke'. Get the Sneak Peek!
- Ryan Lochte Celebrates His Dog's 8th Birthday for Three Consecutive Years
- Rihanna Asks for Help to Find Her Missing Backup Dancer Shirlene Quigley
- Report: Britney Spears Is Filming 'Slumber Party' Music Video
- 'The Walking Dead' Alternate Take on Negan Kills Leaks Online
- Michael Fassbender Reveals New Name of Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant', New Details Leak
- Kim Kardashian Drops Lawsuit After Tabloid Apologizes for Fake Robbery Claims
- Pharrell Releases Two New Songs From 'Hidden Figures' Soundtrack