'Inception' Goes Straight to No. 1 on U.K. Box Office
Leonardo DiCaprio's sci-fi thriller "Inception" has scored a dream opening weekend in the U.K. - the film has shot straight to the top of the British box office. Christopher Nolan's blockbuster, which follows a team that infiltrates dreams, topped the American movie charts this weekend and followed suit in Britain by taking a top-earning $8.9 million.
The total also marks the highest ever opening for a DiCaprio film in the U.K. - even surpassing the actor's 1997 hit "Titanic". The haul puts Inception above a string of sequels including "Shrek Forever After" at number two with $6.2 million and "The Twilight Saga's Eclipse" at three with $5 million.
The top five is rounded out by horror/action reboot "Predators" ' $1.3 million and "Get Him to the Greek" with $660,423.
- Corey Gamble Reportedly Cheats on Kris Jenner With Kourtney Kardashian - Is It True?
- She's Scarily Skinny! Janice Dickinson Looks Thinner Amid Health Crisis
- Drake Blocks Ariana Grande and Blake Shelton From Billboard 200's No. 1
- Bella Hadid Flaunts Ample Cleavage in Racy Bikini. See the Pic!
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Cradle Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Baby During Brunch
- Jeff Bridges Joins 'Kingsman: The Golden Circle'
- Demi Lovato Mourning Her Great-Grandma's Death. Read Her Touching Tribute
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Party in Las Vegas, Talk About Wedding Plans