'Inception' Goes Straight to No. 1 on U.K. Box Office
Leonardo DiCaprio's sci-fi thriller "Inception" has scored a dream opening weekend in the U.K. - the film has shot straight to the top of the British box office. Christopher Nolan's blockbuster, which follows a team that infiltrates dreams, topped the American movie charts this weekend and followed suit in Britain by taking a top-earning $8.9 million.
The total also marks the highest ever opening for a DiCaprio film in the U.K. - even surpassing the actor's 1997 hit "Titanic". The haul puts Inception above a string of sequels including "Shrek Forever After" at number two with $6.2 million and "The Twilight Saga's Eclipse" at three with $5 million.
The top five is rounded out by horror/action reboot "Predators" ' $1.3 million and "Get Him to the Greek" with $660,423.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival