'Inception' Goes Straight to No. 1 on U.K. Box Office
Leonardo DiCaprio's sci-fi thriller "Inception" has scored a dream opening weekend in the U.K. - the film has shot straight to the top of the British box office. Christopher Nolan's blockbuster, which follows a team that infiltrates dreams, topped the American movie charts this weekend and followed suit in Britain by taking a top-earning $8.9 million.
The total also marks the highest ever opening for a DiCaprio film in the U.K. - even surpassing the actor's 1997 hit "Titanic". The haul puts Inception above a string of sequels including "Shrek Forever After" at number two with $6.2 million and "The Twilight Saga's Eclipse" at three with $5 million.
The top five is rounded out by horror/action reboot "Predators" ' $1.3 million and "Get Him to the Greek" with $660,423.
- Find Out What Ji Chang Wook Wants to Achieve Before Military Enlistment
- Backstreet Boys to Reunite With Florida Georgia Line for 'CMT Crossroads'
- Justin Bieber: Out-of-Work Crew Are Not My Responsibility
- Shia LaBeouf and Mia Goth Are on the Verge of Divorce
- Does Kim Know? Kanye West Caught Leaving Studio With Nearly Naked Woman
- Six Shortest Celebrity Marriages
- Dating for Nine Months, Drew Barrymore Is Set to Wed for the Fourth Time
- So Cool! Watch Lee Joon Gi Do His Own Dangerous Stunt for 'Criminal Minds'