'Inception' Goes Straight to No. 1 on U.K. Box Office
Leonardo DiCaprio's sci-fi thriller "Inception" has scored a dream opening weekend in the U.K. - the film has shot straight to the top of the British box office. Christopher Nolan's blockbuster, which follows a team that infiltrates dreams, topped the American movie charts this weekend and followed suit in Britain by taking a top-earning $8.9 million.
The total also marks the highest ever opening for a DiCaprio film in the U.K. - even surpassing the actor's 1997 hit "Titanic". The haul puts Inception above a string of sequels including "Shrek Forever After" at number two with $6.2 million and "The Twilight Saga's Eclipse" at three with $5 million.
The top five is rounded out by horror/action reboot "Predators" ' $1.3 million and "Get Him to the Greek" with $660,423.
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign