'Inception' Goes Straight to No. 1 on U.K. Box Office
Leonardo DiCaprio's sci-fi thriller "Inception" has scored a dream opening weekend in the U.K. - the film has shot straight to the top of the British box office. Christopher Nolan's blockbuster, which follows a team that infiltrates dreams, topped the American movie charts this weekend and followed suit in Britain by taking a top-earning $8.9 million.
The total also marks the highest ever opening for a DiCaprio film in the U.K. - even surpassing the actor's 1997 hit "Titanic". The haul puts Inception above a string of sequels including "Shrek Forever After" at number two with $6.2 million and "The Twilight Saga's Eclipse" at three with $5 million.
The top five is rounded out by horror/action reboot "Predators" ' $1.3 million and "Get Him to the Greek" with $660,423.
- Live Nation Confirms Jeremih Is Removed From PARTYNEXTDOOR's Tour
- Jay-Z Turns 47! Beyonce, Tina Knowles and Kelly Rowland Celebrate Rapper's Birthday in L.A.
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Ties the Knot with Joana Pak
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Kicked Out of Childbirth Class - Here Is Why!
- 'Luke Cage' Renewed for Season 2 at Netflix
- 'Glee' Star Becca Tobin Marries Zach Martin - Check Out Her Wedding Pics!
- Donald Trump Calls 'SNL' Unwatchable, Alec Baldwin Reacts
- Jensen Ackles and Danneel Harris Welcome Twin Babies