Too Short Calls Accusations Surrounding His Arrest 'Exaggerated'
Rapper Too Short has spoken out to clear up speculation surrounding his arrest last week - insisting accusations he was escorting underage girls backstage before his alleged fight are "untrue and exaggerated". The hip-hop star, real name Todd Shaw, was briefly jailed in Ada County on Thursday, July 15 following his performance at the Knitting Factory club in Idaho.
Three security staff claim they were punched and kicked by Shaw and his associate, Michael T. Walton, after the bouncers allegedly refused to allow the rapper to take underage girls backstage. Shaw and Walton were both charged with misdemeanor battery.
But the rapper has lashed out at rumors he was inappropriately involved with young girls - insisting the incident was "taken out of context". In a statement he says, "The accusations against me regarding my arrest in Idaho on July 15th, were untrue and exaggerated. Normally I would ignore rumors, but because of the nature of the story that's being spread I had to say something."
"Due to my work with young people in Oakland I am extremely outraged at the way I am being portrayed. The incident that night was completely taken out of context and I have not and never will take advantage of any woman that is under age. Never that!" He adds, "These days people believe everything that they see on TV and these blogs. I have been dedicated to youth organizations and wish to continue to support them and I do not want my community and especially young people that look up to me to think that this is the type of thing that I would do."
- Adele Doesn't Care About Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's Split, She Clarifies
- Video: Justin Bieber Gets Into a Fight in German Bar
- Adam Levine and Behati Prinsloo Share First Photo of Baby Dusty Rose
- Ryan Murphy Admits to 'Infighting' on 'Glee' Set and Cast Member Hookups
- Mariah Carey Wears No Underwear in Sheer White Dress During Romantic Getaway With Fiance
- Exes Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Trapped in Elevator for Four Hours. Was It Awkward?
- Mom Material? Katy Perry Bonds With Orlando Bloom's Son Flynn at Shanghai Disneyland
- Listen to 'Trolls' Soundtrack Featuring Justin Timberlake, Gwen Stefani and Ariana Grande