Sarah McLachlan Still Has Faith in Lilith Tour
Lilith Fair co-founder Sarah McLachlan is adamant the touring all-woman festival will have a successful future, despite a series of setbacks this summer. Organizers of the event were forced to scrap a handful of summer dates due to poor ticket sales, while Norah Jones, Carly Simon, Kelly Clarkson and The Go Go's have all abandoned the 2010 tour for various reasons.
But Canadian singer McLachlan isn't letting the problems put her off planning future Lilith Fair events - and she's insistent they will overcome the "tricky time" they've faced this year. She says, "I should preface everything I say by saying, 'I'm a live-in-the-moment kind of girl!' We're planning on doing it (tour) next year, talking about a five-year plan."
"Do any of us know where we're going to be in 15 years? We're all here right now, and that's sort of where I'm at. We're sort of trying to figure out what all the possibilities are this year. We came out loud and proud with a huge roster, with a lot of great artists and a lot of diversity. And came into a tricky time in touring."
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation