Sheryl Crow NOT Adopting for Publicity Stunt
Sheryl Crow has fired back at hateful comments suggesting she adopted her sons in a bid to promote her music career, insisting she only cared about becoming a mother. The "All I Wanna Do" hitmaker adopted son Wyatt in 2007 and brought home his brother, Levi, last month.
But not everyone is applauding her for becoming a mum in her 40s - some online critics have suggested the singer/songwriter has used the adoptions to gain publicity and promote her new records. And now the singer is blasting the suggestions, insisting her latest adoption process was a lengthy and testing one.
She tells Britain's You magazine, "I don't usually read what people blog about me but I've read some beautiful things about me and adoption and some hateful things. I think people don't understand: it's not like you can go to some outlet and pick up a baby because you've got a record to promote."
"An adoptive mother goes through more hoops than those people who thoughtlessly become pregnant. I had about 10 adoptions fall through last year, so there was a real sense of relief when he (Levi) was mine. It's a long process and it's fraught with uncertainty. Another person is carrying a baby and when that baby finally arrives their feelings may have changed."
More Sheryl Crow News
- The Weeknd Shares Snippet of His Cashmere Cat Collaboration 'Wild Love'
- Britney Spears Biopic Coming on Lifetime. Find Out Who Plays the Pop Star
- Get New Details of Kristen Stewart and Alicia Cargile's Upcoming Nuptials
- Britney Spears on Performing at 2017 Super Bowl Halftime Show: 'I Would' Do That Again!
- Amanda Bynes Returns to Twitter, Updates Fans About Her School Life
- Courteney Cox Regrets Having Plastic Surgery
- 'Jack Ryan' Series to Tackle ISIS in Season 1, John Krasinski Reveals
- Jennifer Lopez and Casper Smart Break Up Again!