Sheryl Crow NOT Adopting for Publicity Stunt
Sheryl Crow has fired back at hateful comments suggesting she adopted her sons in a bid to promote her music career, insisting she only cared about becoming a mother. The "All I Wanna Do" hitmaker adopted son Wyatt in 2007 and brought home his brother, Levi, last month.
But not everyone is applauding her for becoming a mum in her 40s - some online critics have suggested the singer/songwriter has used the adoptions to gain publicity and promote her new records. And now the singer is blasting the suggestions, insisting her latest adoption process was a lengthy and testing one.
She tells Britain's You magazine, "I don't usually read what people blog about me but I've read some beautiful things about me and adoption and some hateful things. I think people don't understand: it's not like you can go to some outlet and pick up a baby because you've got a record to promote."
"An adoptive mother goes through more hoops than those people who thoughtlessly become pregnant. I had about 10 adoptions fall through last year, so there was a real sense of relief when he (Levi) was mine. It's a long process and it's fraught with uncertainty. Another person is carrying a baby and when that baby finally arrives their feelings may have changed."
More Sheryl Crow News
- AMC Renews 'Turn' for Fourth and Final Season
- Keshia Knight Pulliam's Husband Ed Hartwell Files for Divorce, Wants Paternity Test
- Jinger Duggar Is Engaged to Former Pro Soccer Player Jeremy Vuolo
- Jimmy Page Breaks Silence on Led Zeppelin's 'Stairway to Heaven' Plagiarism Trial
- James Corden's 'Carpool Karaoke' Turned Into Series on Apple
- Ariana Grande Splits From Ricky Alvarez After 1 Year of Dating
- Lionel Messi Goes Platinum Blonde and Internet Just Can't Handle It
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce and Adele Lead Nominations, Nick Jonas Is 'Disappointed' About His Snub