Sheryl Crow NOT Adopting for Publicity Stunt
Sheryl Crow has fired back at hateful comments suggesting she adopted her sons in a bid to promote her music career, insisting she only cared about becoming a mother. The "All I Wanna Do" hitmaker adopted son Wyatt in 2007 and brought home his brother, Levi, last month.
But not everyone is applauding her for becoming a mum in her 40s - some online critics have suggested the singer/songwriter has used the adoptions to gain publicity and promote her new records. And now the singer is blasting the suggestions, insisting her latest adoption process was a lengthy and testing one.
She tells Britain's You magazine, "I don't usually read what people blog about me but I've read some beautiful things about me and adoption and some hateful things. I think people don't understand: it's not like you can go to some outlet and pick up a baby because you've got a record to promote."
"An adoptive mother goes through more hoops than those people who thoughtlessly become pregnant. I had about 10 adoptions fall through last year, so there was a real sense of relief when he (Levi) was mine. It's a long process and it's fraught with uncertainty. Another person is carrying a baby and when that baby finally arrives their feelings may have changed."
- 'The Predator' Release Date Pushed Back
- 'Deadpool 2' and 'New Mutants' Get Release Dates
- Video: Kylie Jenner Holding Hands With Travis Scott
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' and Release Date Officially Announced
- Jay-Z Renews Deal With Live Nation
- 'Avatar' Sequels Release Dates Unveiled
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Undercover as News Reporter and Nobody Recognizes Her
- Carmelo and La La Anthony Put on United Front for Sake of Their Son