Mark Wahlberg Struggling to Lose 30 Pounds in Five Weeks
Mark Wahlberg had to battle the bulge for reshoots on his new "Irish" Mickey Ward biopic - because he'd already started piling on the pounds for scenes in which he'd be playing a retired fighter. The star had packed on 30 pounds because he thought action scenes of toned Ward were complete, and he was caught out when producers wanted more ring drama.
The actor's longtime trainer, Brian Nguyen, who once worked as the fitness coach for the Jacksonville Jaguars football team, admits he and Wahlberg really struggled to get back the shape Wahlberg was in for "The Fighter" reshoots. He tells Men's Fitness magazine, "He (Wahlberg) was having a whole bottle of wine at night and doughnuts at the craft table (to fatten up)."
"They had to do reshoots for some fight scenes and were like, 'How long do you need, three weeks?' I was like, 'Three weeks? We've been doing nothing!'" Miraculously, Nguyen managed to get Wahlberg back into tip-top shape in just five weeks.
More Mark Wahlberg News
- 'Stranger Things': Here's What Upside Down Is According to the Child Actors
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Grab Breakfast Sans Kids Amid Rumor They Call Off Divorce
- Cheryl's Mom Fuels Rumors Singer Is Expecting a Child With Liam Payne
- Lionsgate Is Open for More 'Twilight' Sequels
- Cara Delevingne Nearly Topless in Ripped Top for Puma Campaign
- See Tom Brady Sunbathing Completely Naked During Vacation With Gisele Bundchen
- Everyone Is Excited to Meet Superman in New 'Supergirl' Season 2 Sneak Peeks
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch