Mark Wahlberg Struggling to Lose 30 Pounds in Five Weeks
Mark Wahlberg had to battle the bulge for reshoots on his new "Irish" Mickey Ward biopic - because he'd already started piling on the pounds for scenes in which he'd be playing a retired fighter. The star had packed on 30 pounds because he thought action scenes of toned Ward were complete, and he was caught out when producers wanted more ring drama.
The actor's longtime trainer, Brian Nguyen, who once worked as the fitness coach for the Jacksonville Jaguars football team, admits he and Wahlberg really struggled to get back the shape Wahlberg was in for "The Fighter" reshoots. He tells Men's Fitness magazine, "He (Wahlberg) was having a whole bottle of wine at night and doughnuts at the craft table (to fatten up)."
"They had to do reshoots for some fight scenes and were like, 'How long do you need, three weeks?' I was like, 'Three weeks? We've been doing nothing!'" Miraculously, Nguyen managed to get Wahlberg back into tip-top shape in just five weeks.
More Mark Wahlberg News
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Leads With 14 Nods, 7 Black Actors Are Among 20 Acting Nominees
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'