Sandra Bullock Renews Restraining Order Against Stalker
Oscar winner Sandra Bullock has obtained a temporary restraining order against a man she accused of stalking her seven years ago. The actress maintains Thomas James Weldon, who has been the subject of previous court orders to stay away from her, has become a nuisance again, and, on Monday, July 19, her attorneys obtained a protective order against him on her behalf.
Recently divorced Bullock first obtained a restraining order against Weldon in 2003, but it expired in 2009. He voluntarily entered a mental institution in Tennessee, but, according to the court filing, Weldon turned up in an emergency room in Wyoming last month and told hospital staff he had driven from Tennessee in an attempt to meet Bullock at her home in nearby Jackson Hole, after communicating with the actress telepathically.
Court documents suggest Weldon has sent the actress numerous e-mails and faxes in recent years, but he has never met the star. The new restraining order seeks to block Weldon from trying to contact Bullock at any of her homes and on any of her movie sets. It also seeks to protect her adopted son Louis.
- Jessica Simpson's Marriage in Trouble? She and Husband Reportedly 'Fighting Non-Stop' for Months
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Recap: Which Pairs Win Immunity in Face-Off Week?
- Rob Kardashian Tweets Kylie's Number as He Blasts His Family for Snubbing Blac Chyna
- Report: Drake Is Actually Gay and His Rihanna Romance Is Fake
- Tom Holland Spotted Filming 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' in NYC Subway
- Audrina Patridge Shares Sweet Photo of Her Breastfeeding Her Daughter
- 'Will and Grace' Stars Reunite for Hillary Clinton Endorsement Video
- Ariana Grande Reveals Her Desire to Go Country