Sandra Bullock Renews Restraining Order Against Stalker
Oscar winner Sandra Bullock has obtained a temporary restraining order against a man she accused of stalking her seven years ago. The actress maintains Thomas James Weldon, who has been the subject of previous court orders to stay away from her, has become a nuisance again, and, on Monday, July 19, her attorneys obtained a protective order against him on her behalf.
Recently divorced Bullock first obtained a restraining order against Weldon in 2003, but it expired in 2009. He voluntarily entered a mental institution in Tennessee, but, according to the court filing, Weldon turned up in an emergency room in Wyoming last month and told hospital staff he had driven from Tennessee in an attempt to meet Bullock at her home in nearby Jackson Hole, after communicating with the actress telepathically.
Court documents suggest Weldon has sent the actress numerous e-mails and faxes in recent years, but he has never met the star. The new restraining order seeks to block Weldon from trying to contact Bullock at any of her homes and on any of her movie sets. It also seeks to protect her adopted son Louis.
More Sandra Bullock News
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'
- Blac Chyna Believes That Rob Kardashian and Tyga Are Tag Teaming Against Her
- Saucy! Rita Ora Goes Braless as She Flashes Her Nipple Pasties in Sheer Top
- Little Mix Channels Inner Cowgirls in Music Video for 'No More Sad Songs' Ft. Machine Gun Kelly
- A Party Fit for Mother Monster! Get Details of Lady GaGa's Star-Studded Birthday Bash
- Jennifer Lawrence and Darren Aronofsky Are Getting More Serious, Despite Their 22-Year Age Gap
- Listen to Selena Gomez's Moody 'Only You' Cover for '13 Reasons Why'