Lindsay Lohan Orders 'Crazy' Dad to Stay Away
Lindsay Lohan has issued an emotional plea to her father to stay away from her as she battles her demons in rehab - insisting she is in a "great place" and doesn't want her dad to hamper her progress. The "Mean Girls" star checked into a sober living facility in Los Angeles last week ahead of her upcoming 90 day jail sentence, which she is due to start on Tuesday, July 20.
The actress was handed the stint behind bars for violating her parole relating to a 2007 DUI arrest and her lawyer Robert Shapiro has confirmed she is determined to put her addictions behind her. Shapiro has come under fire from Lohan's father Michael, who has accused him of not doing enough to keep his daughter out of prison and in rehab - but the star, who has endured a turbulent relationship with her dad in recent years, has warned him not to meddle in her affairs.
In a series of posts on her Twitter.com page, she writes, "I don't want my ex-father anywhere near me no matter where I am. He is crazy and scares me. I don't want Michael Lohan Sr. anywhere near me... I am in a great place and he only brings negativity in my world."
On another news, Lohan has also warned fans not to fall victim to online scams as they search for news of her personal problems - urging curious followers to be wary of internet traps which could infect computers with a virus.
She says in a statement, "I know I am very newsworthy, especially with everything going on and I'd hate to see my current situation cause frustration or damage to my fans. If my friends and fans want to know what's going on with me, they need to stick to reliable news media outlets and not click on just any link in a search result. Better yet, please follow my Twitter feed and get the news straight from me!"
Lohan has also teamed up with software company Norton to provide tips on searching the internet for news safely and avoiding fake web pages which could infect computers with viruses, spyware and other malicious programs.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny