50 Cent Plans to Scrap New Dance Album 'Black Magic'
50 Cent is considering scrapping his upcoming album because he has grown tired of his new dance sound. The rapper embraced a new musical direction for "Black Magic", due for release later this year, with many tracks inspired by the upbeat European nightclub hits which he discovered during a recent promotional tour of the continent.
But 50 Cent has grown less fond of his work since returning to his native U.S. and is now considering ditching his dance album in favor of a more traditional rap record. He tells Rolling Stone Brazil, "I've written an album that's called Black Magic, but I am not sure it will be my next album. Since I've made it back to America after recording in the U.K. and different territories since I was on the road, I started writing different material that don't (sic) quite fit that concept."
"Black Magic had a different style to it, a different vibe. I was playing with different song structures, music from different genres... I did some things that were a little dance inspired, the tempo was higher. Just playing with a lot of things. Since I got back, I've been writing things that don't fit that (concept)."
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked