50 Cent Plans to Scrap New Dance Album 'Black Magic'
50 Cent is considering scrapping his upcoming album because he has grown tired of his new dance sound. The rapper embraced a new musical direction for "Black Magic", due for release later this year, with many tracks inspired by the upbeat European nightclub hits which he discovered during a recent promotional tour of the continent.
But 50 Cent has grown less fond of his work since returning to his native U.S. and is now considering ditching his dance album in favor of a more traditional rap record. He tells Rolling Stone Brazil, "I've written an album that's called Black Magic, but I am not sure it will be my next album. Since I've made it back to America after recording in the U.K. and different territories since I was on the road, I started writing different material that don't (sic) quite fit that concept."
"Black Magic had a different style to it, a different vibe. I was playing with different song structures, music from different genres... I did some things that were a little dance inspired, the tempo was higher. Just playing with a lot of things. Since I got back, I've been writing things that don't fit that (concept)."
- Artist of the Week: Stacy Ferguson
- Miranda Kerr Flaunts Huge Ring and Long Legs During First Outing Since Evan Spiegel's Proposal
- Comic-Con: 'Legion' Unveils First Footage. Take a Look at the X-Men TV Series
- One Direction Celebrates Six-Year Anniversary, Thanks Fans for Their Support
- Ariana Grande Debuts New Hairdo Amid Reports She Was Barred From Performing at White House
- 'High School Musical' Alum Corbin Bleu Gets Married to Sasha Clements. Get the Details
- 'Star Trek Beyond' Easily Wins at Box Office
- Lindsay Lohan Fights With Fiance Egor Tarabasov After Accusing Him of Cheating on Social Media