50 Cent Plans to Scrap New Dance Album 'Black Magic'
50 Cent is considering scrapping his upcoming album because he has grown tired of his new dance sound. The rapper embraced a new musical direction for "Black Magic", due for release later this year, with many tracks inspired by the upbeat European nightclub hits which he discovered during a recent promotional tour of the continent.
But 50 Cent has grown less fond of his work since returning to his native U.S. and is now considering ditching his dance album in favor of a more traditional rap record. He tells Rolling Stone Brazil, "I've written an album that's called Black Magic, but I am not sure it will be my next album. Since I've made it back to America after recording in the U.K. and different territories since I was on the road, I started writing different material that don't (sic) quite fit that concept."
"Black Magic had a different style to it, a different vibe. I was playing with different song structures, music from different genres... I did some things that were a little dance inspired, the tempo was higher. Just playing with a lot of things. Since I got back, I've been writing things that don't fit that (concept)."
- Meghan Trainor Scraps Remaining 2016 Tour Dates due to Illness
- Pharrell Joins Forces With Alicia Keys on New Song 'Apple'
- Jennifer Lawrence Gets Blasted for Scratching Her Butt on Sacred Rocks
- The Rock Seduced by a Bikini Babe in 'Baywatch' Longer Teaser Trailer
- Taylor Swift and Zayn Malik Team Up for 'Fifty Shades Darker' Song 'I Don't Wanna Live Forever'
- Spidey Faces Off Vulture in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' First Trailer
- AFI Lists 'Game of Thrones', 'The Americans' and 'Better Call Saul' as Best TV Shows of 2016
- Kanye West Debuts Blonde Hair While Making First Public Appearance Since Hospitalization