50 Cent Plans to Scrap New Dance Album 'Black Magic'
50 Cent is considering scrapping his upcoming album because he has grown tired of his new dance sound. The rapper embraced a new musical direction for "Black Magic", due for release later this year, with many tracks inspired by the upbeat European nightclub hits which he discovered during a recent promotional tour of the continent.
But 50 Cent has grown less fond of his work since returning to his native U.S. and is now considering ditching his dance album in favor of a more traditional rap record. He tells Rolling Stone Brazil, "I've written an album that's called Black Magic, but I am not sure it will be my next album. Since I've made it back to America after recording in the U.K. and different territories since I was on the road, I started writing different material that don't (sic) quite fit that concept."
"Black Magic had a different style to it, a different vibe. I was playing with different song structures, music from different genres... I did some things that were a little dance inspired, the tempo was higher. Just playing with a lot of things. Since I got back, I've been writing things that don't fit that (concept)."
- Fragile Yoko Ono Is Hoping to See John Lennon in Heaven
- Beyhive Is on the Hunt for Beyonce's Secret Snapchat Account
- Lionel Richie Puts 'All the Hits Tour' on Hold Due to Knee Surgery
- Did Justin Bieber Just Hint That He's Dating Someone on Twitter?
- Perrie Edwards Sparks Pregnancy Speculation With Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
- Cress Williams to Lead The CW's DC Superhero Series 'Black Lightning'
- Joe Carnahan Rumored to Direct 'X-Force', Ryan Reynolds to Co-Write the Movie
- Did Nicki Minaj Just Diss Lil' Kim in Gucci Mane Collaboration 'Make Love'?