Patti LaBelle and Dita Von Teese's Charity Gig Halted Due to Thunderstorm
An open air AIDS charity concert in Austria, which was set to include performances from R&B star Patti LaBelle and burlesque dancer Dita Von Teese, was cut short on Saturday, July 17 after a thunderstorm ripped through the area.
Former U.S. President Bill Clinton and actress Whoopi Goldberg were also due to take to the stage for the Austrian Life Ball outside the Vienna city hall to help raise funds for victims of the disease. But appearances by the stars had to be skipped after officials issued a weather warning and forced organizers to clear the square where the show was taking place.
The concert, which is held annually, was part of the run up to an international AIDS conference in the city set for Sunday, July 18.
- Kanye West Leaves L.A. in the Middle of the Night Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber