Patti LaBelle and Dita Von Teese's Charity Gig Halted Due to Thunderstorm
An open air AIDS charity concert in Austria, which was set to include performances from R&B star Patti LaBelle and burlesque dancer Dita Von Teese, was cut short on Saturday, July 17 after a thunderstorm ripped through the area.
Former U.S. President Bill Clinton and actress Whoopi Goldberg were also due to take to the stage for the Austrian Life Ball outside the Vienna city hall to help raise funds for victims of the disease. But appearances by the stars had to be skipped after officials issued a weather warning and forced organizers to clear the square where the show was taking place.
The concert, which is held annually, was part of the run up to an international AIDS conference in the city set for Sunday, July 18.
- Jennifer Aniston Bares Her Boobs While Sunbathing in Italy
- A Version of Britney Spears' 'Make Me' Without G-Eazy Surfaces Online
- Jeffrey Dean Morgan on 'The Walking Dead' Season 7: It's Negan's World Now
- First Look at New Villain in 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Revealed
- 'Homeland' Finds Its Female President in 'House of Cards' Star
- Lindsay Lohan's Father Confirms She Told Him She's Pregnant
- Beyonce and 4-Year-Old Blue Ivy Play Twinsie in Cute Pictures
- Shonda Rhimes Denies 'GMA' Report That 'Scandal' Is Ending With Season 6