Patti LaBelle and Dita Von Teese's Charity Gig Halted Due to Thunderstorm
An open air AIDS charity concert in Austria, which was set to include performances from R&B star Patti LaBelle and burlesque dancer Dita Von Teese, was cut short on Saturday, July 17 after a thunderstorm ripped through the area.
Former U.S. President Bill Clinton and actress Whoopi Goldberg were also due to take to the stage for the Austrian Life Ball outside the Vienna city hall to help raise funds for victims of the disease. But appearances by the stars had to be skipped after officials issued a weather warning and forced organizers to clear the square where the show was taking place.
The concert, which is held annually, was part of the run up to an international AIDS conference in the city set for Sunday, July 18.
- 'Arrow' Star Stephen Amell Teases the Return of Mystery Character and 'Meaner' Season 5
- Kanye West and Everyone, Including Taylor Swift, Sleep Naked in His 'Famous' Video
- 'Suicide Squad' Director Confirms the Presence of A.R.G.U.S.
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Pixie Haircut at Givenchy Fashion Show With Bella Hadid and More
- Teresa Palmer Finds Someone's Name Carved in New 'Lights Out' Trailer
- Liam Hemsworth Defends His 2012 Engagement to Miley Cyrus
- Jamie Foxx's Wild Night Out: Boozing and Grinding With Mystery Women
- Listen to Jamie Lynn Spears' Comeback Single 'Sleepover'