Gavin Henson Dishes Out Why He and Charlotte Church Split
Welsh rugby star Gavin Henson has opened up about his split from fiancee Charlotte Church, insisting the pair broke up because they didn't want to "ruin" their children's lives through arguing. The couple split in May, just three months after the rugby player proposed to the "Crazy Chick" hitmaker.
They had been dating for five years and share two children together. Reports last week suggested Henson and Church were trying to work out their problems - a claim which was vehemently denied by Church's rep. And now Henson has revealed how the couple's arguing led to them deciding they should separate for the sake of their kids.
He tells Britain's Fabulous magazine, "It's no secret that we weren't getting on, but we didn't want to drag it out for another couple of years. I couldn't have the children being five or six years old and crying because we were arguing. I wouldn't want to tear the family apart then. That's horrible."
"I'm not from a broken home; it's the last thing I wanted for my kids. But I just knew it was going to ruin their lives if we'd carried on. I don't want them growing up with issues. By doing it this way, when they're young, they'll grow up thinking it's normal to see mummy some days and daddy the others. It was a brave decision, but a sad one."
"I thought Charlotte and I were going to be together forever. We loved each other, but weren't good for each other. We were arguing a lot. Not over anything in particular, but these things build up and up. Every partnership has its problems and you work through them or you don't. I guess we didn't."
- Is Katy Perry Romancing Calvin Harris to Get Back at Taylor Swift?
- Miley Cyrus Makes Liam Hemsworth Jealous Over Her Pampering Sessions With Pet Pig
- 'Bachelorette' Recap: Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Help Test the Guys' Husband Skills
- John Boyega Shows Finn's New Weapon in 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Bella Thorne Gets Cuddly With Ex Gregg Sulkin After Super Quick Fling With Scott Disick
- Kourtney Kardashian Ready to Introduce Younes Bendjima to Her Family
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean 5' Is Not Hacked, Claims Disney CEO
- Niall Horan Pays Tribute to Manchester Bombing Victims, Makes 'On the Loose' TV Debut on 'Today'