Gavin Henson Dishes Out Why He and Charlotte Church Split
Welsh rugby star Gavin Henson has opened up about his split from fiancee Charlotte Church, insisting the pair broke up because they didn't want to "ruin" their children's lives through arguing. The couple split in May, just three months after the rugby player proposed to the "Crazy Chick" hitmaker.
They had been dating for five years and share two children together. Reports last week suggested Henson and Church were trying to work out their problems - a claim which was vehemently denied by Church's rep. And now Henson has revealed how the couple's arguing led to them deciding they should separate for the sake of their kids.
He tells Britain's Fabulous magazine, "It's no secret that we weren't getting on, but we didn't want to drag it out for another couple of years. I couldn't have the children being five or six years old and crying because we were arguing. I wouldn't want to tear the family apart then. That's horrible."
"I'm not from a broken home; it's the last thing I wanted for my kids. But I just knew it was going to ruin their lives if we'd carried on. I don't want them growing up with issues. By doing it this way, when they're young, they'll grow up thinking it's normal to see mummy some days and daddy the others. It was a brave decision, but a sad one."
"I thought Charlotte and I were going to be together forever. We loved each other, but weren't good for each other. We were arguing a lot. Not over anything in particular, but these things build up and up. Every partnership has its problems and you work through them or you don't. I guess we didn't."
- Beyonce Is Making $500K Nursery for Her Unborn Twins
- Mariah Carey Is Spending Too Much Money on Toyboy Bryan Tanaka
- Amber Rose Is Joining Secret Online Dating App
- 'Annabelle' Sequel Gets New Title
- Kim Kardashian Doesn't Want Her Daughter North West to Be Managed by Kris Jenner
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'
- Blac Chyna Believes That Rob Kardashian and Tyga Are Tag Teaming Against Her