Cheryl Cole Losing Huge Amount of Weight During Malaria Battle
Cheryl Cole has lost a huge amount of weight during her battle against deadly disease malaria, according to U.K. reports. The British singer was diagnosed with the mosquito-borne illness after collapsing at a photo-shoot in early July.
She was under the watchful eyes of medics at a London hospital until she was released last week, on July 15 and ordered to rest at home. But the Girls Aloud star has a long road back to full health after her weight plummeted by seven pounds (3.1 kgs) during the ordeal - taking the already skinny star down to a worrying 98 pounds (44.4 kgs), according to Britain's News of the World.
A source tells the publication, "Cheryl is far too thin. She was seven-and-a-half stone to eight stone (105 pounds/47.6 kgs) before but she doesn't have any meat on her now. Her hip bones literally stick out. She won't be dancing for some time. Her routines were exhausting."
"Cheryl understands that she now has to follow medical advice. Her ridiculously busy work routine is off so there's time for her to focus on getting healthy and putting the weight back on."
More Cheryl Cole News
- Jamie Bell in Talks to Be the New James Bond
- First Look at Katherine Waterston's Daniels in 'Alien: Covenant' Image
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Plan $10M Lawsuit to Silence Former Bodyguard
- Justin Bieber Spotted on Dinner Date With Nicola Peltz
- Take a Peek at Gwen Stefani's 'Misery' Music Video in This Teaser
- Miranda Lambert Closes Her Boutique, Sells Building to Ex-Husband Blake Shelton
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?