Elle MacPherson: Snubbing Nanny Is One of My 'Best Decisions'
Elle MacPherson is glad she decided not to hire a nanny to raise her children because she gets to oversee every part of their upbringing. The Australian supermodel has two sons with tycoon Arpad Busson; Flynn, 12, and seven-year-old Aurelius Cy.
And the catwalk queen admits one of her "best decisions" has been choosing to be a hands-on mother and not to rely on the services of staff. She tells Tatler magazine, "I have help, but I don't have a nanny, for example, and it has been one of the best decisions I ever made because I get to participate in all aspects of my children's lives."
"I don't just walk in and do 'good time' mum. I do 'wake up, even though you don't want to get out of bed' mum. I do 'I'm making you breakfast and I'm sorry but you have to have fruit' mum. I do, 'we are doing your homework together whether you like it or not and then we can have fun' mum. There is a profoundness to my experiences."
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: A Man Gets His Heart Broken and Leaves
- Chris Hemsworth and Tom Hiddleston Bring Thor and Loki to Children Hospital in Australia
- Kendall Jenner Flaunts Her Booty in Unpublished Vogue Pic
- 'Pretty Little Liars' 7.10 Preview: The Kidnapper Gets Attacked
- Iggy Azalea Hits Recording Studio With Verse Simmonds
- See Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel Goof Around With Hillary Clinton at L.A. Fundraiser
- Lionsgate Bringing 'The Monolith' Comic Book to Big Screen
- Teresa Giudice Under Fire for Posting Inappropriate Bikini Pics of Her Underage Daughters