Elle MacPherson: Snubbing Nanny Is One of My 'Best Decisions'
Elle MacPherson is glad she decided not to hire a nanny to raise her children because she gets to oversee every part of their upbringing. The Australian supermodel has two sons with tycoon Arpad Busson; Flynn, 12, and seven-year-old Aurelius Cy.
And the catwalk queen admits one of her "best decisions" has been choosing to be a hands-on mother and not to rely on the services of staff. She tells Tatler magazine, "I have help, but I don't have a nanny, for example, and it has been one of the best decisions I ever made because I get to participate in all aspects of my children's lives."
"I don't just walk in and do 'good time' mum. I do 'wake up, even though you don't want to get out of bed' mum. I do 'I'm making you breakfast and I'm sorry but you have to have fruit' mum. I do, 'we are doing your homework together whether you like it or not and then we can have fun' mum. There is a profoundness to my experiences."
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Live Under Different Roofs After He's Released From Hospital