Lily Allen Forced to Skip Benicassim Festival Due to Illness
Lily Allen pulled out of Spain's Benicassim festival on Sunday, July 18 after doctors advised the sick star not to fly. The singer upset TV and radio bosses in the U.K. after she scrapped two of her final promotional pop appearances earlier this month, citing illness.
And the singer's condition hasn't got any better - she was told not to fly to Spain on Sunday for one of her final gigs. A statement on the festival's website says, "Lily Allen regrets that she has been forced to pull out of her appearance tomorrow at the Benicassim festival due to illness. Having been advised by her doctor that she would be unfit to travel in the next 7 days Lily had no option but to cancel. She sends her deepest apologies to fans."
Allen adds on her Twitter.com page, "My deepest apologies. I really am truly sorry, I was so excited but the doc wouldn't allow it. I hate letting down my fans. I've done this four times over the past two years, sadly Spain has had a raw deal or a lucky escape depending on which way you're looking at it. Sorry Benicassim."
The festival slot was one of the "Smile" hitmaker's final shows before she takes a hiatus from music to focus on a fashion venture with her sister and to concentrate on having a family.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance