Lily Allen Forced to Skip Benicassim Festival Due to Illness
Lily Allen pulled out of Spain's Benicassim festival on Sunday, July 18 after doctors advised the sick star not to fly. The singer upset TV and radio bosses in the U.K. after she scrapped two of her final promotional pop appearances earlier this month, citing illness.
And the singer's condition hasn't got any better - she was told not to fly to Spain on Sunday for one of her final gigs. A statement on the festival's website says, "Lily Allen regrets that she has been forced to pull out of her appearance tomorrow at the Benicassim festival due to illness. Having been advised by her doctor that she would be unfit to travel in the next 7 days Lily had no option but to cancel. She sends her deepest apologies to fans."
Allen adds on her Twitter.com page, "My deepest apologies. I really am truly sorry, I was so excited but the doc wouldn't allow it. I hate letting down my fans. I've done this four times over the past two years, sadly Spain has had a raw deal or a lucky escape depending on which way you're looking at it. Sorry Benicassim."
The festival slot was one of the "Smile" hitmaker's final shows before she takes a hiatus from music to focus on a fashion venture with her sister and to concentrate on having a family.
- Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Selena Gomez, Metallica to Perform at 2016 Global Citizen Concert
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger