Anne Hathaway's Ex-Beau NOT Released From Jail Earlier
A lawyer for Anne Hathaway's conman ex-lover Raffaello Follieri has dismissed reports he will be released from U.S. prison this July and return to his native Italy to serve the remainder of his sentence. The "The Devil Wears Prada" star's former boyfriend was jailed for four-and-a-half years in December 2008 after pleading guilty to 14 counts of wire fraud, conspiracy and money laundering.
Hathaway dumped the Italian businessman in June the same year just before his arrest for the scam, which saw him take more than $3.6 million (2.4 million pound sterling) from investment funds and real estate firms.
Recent reports suggested Follieri, 31, would be released and returned to Europe as early as July. According to the New York Post, Follieri would be eligible for early release under the federal prisoner-transfer program that allows foreigners to serve out their sentences abroad.
However, his lawyer, Flora Edwards, insists there are "no ongoing negotiations" for an earlier date, and that he would not become eligible to be returned to Italy until May 2012. Edwards confirms, "There's always a hope that might happen. But there's nothing concrete that I can talk about."
More Anne Hathaway News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie