Nicole Scherzinger Impresses Simon Cowell, to Replace Cheryl Cole on 'X Factor'
The Pussycat Dolls' Nicole Scherzinger is to stand in for malaria-stricken pop star Cheryl Cole during the next stage of British talent contest "The X Factor", according to a report. The Girls Aloud star was diagnosed with the mosquito-borne illness after collapsing at a photoshoot earlier this month.
She is now resting at her mansion in Surrey, England after leaving the private clinic where she was receiving treatment, but Cole is still too ill to resume her judging duties on Simon Cowell's TV show. Scherzinger impressed the music mogul while she was a guest panelist earlier this month in Manchester, England, replacing pregnant singer Dannii Minogue.
And now the "When I Grow Up" hitmaker has been drafted in to take over from Cole during the 'Boot Camp' auditions at London's Wembley Arena for the whole of next week, reports Britain's The Sun. A TV source tells the publication, "There was no way Cheryl was going to be able to do Boot Camp, despite being on the mend. Nicole was great in Manchester and Simon really likes her. She knows Wembley will be a tougher gig, but she's proved she's feisty and entertaining."
- 'Twin Peaks' Debuts Extended Chilling Teaser Featuring Familiar Tune
- 'Alita: Battle Angel' Casts 'Nashville' Actor in Key Role
- Daniel Radcliffe Reveals the Outrageous Advice Donald Trump Gave Him When They First Met
- Is Brad Pitt the Real Reason Selena Gomez Checks Into Rehab?
- Listen to Major Lazer and Showtek's New Collab 'Believer'
- Angelina Jolie Eyed for War Drama 'Shoot Like a Girl'
- 'Archer' Creator Plans Show's Ending After Season 10
- Hugh Hefner Makes Fun of Death Rumors: Tabloids Should've Told Me That I'm Sick