Nicole Scherzinger Impresses Simon Cowell, to Replace Cheryl Cole on 'X Factor'
The Pussycat Dolls' Nicole Scherzinger is to stand in for malaria-stricken pop star Cheryl Cole during the next stage of British talent contest "The X Factor", according to a report. The Girls Aloud star was diagnosed with the mosquito-borne illness after collapsing at a photoshoot earlier this month.
She is now resting at her mansion in Surrey, England after leaving the private clinic where she was receiving treatment, but Cole is still too ill to resume her judging duties on Simon Cowell's TV show. Scherzinger impressed the music mogul while she was a guest panelist earlier this month in Manchester, England, replacing pregnant singer Dannii Minogue.
And now the "When I Grow Up" hitmaker has been drafted in to take over from Cole during the 'Boot Camp' auditions at London's Wembley Arena for the whole of next week, reports Britain's The Sun. A TV source tells the publication, "There was no way Cheryl was going to be able to do Boot Camp, despite being on the mend. Nicole was great in Manchester and Simon really likes her. She knows Wembley will be a tougher gig, but she's proved she's feisty and entertaining."
- Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Selena Gomez, Metallica to Perform at 2016 Global Citizen Concert
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger