Paris Hilton Released After Detained in France for Alleged Pot Possession
Paris Hilton was held by police in France on Friday, July 16 after she was caught carrying cannabis in her handbag. The socialite traveled to French island Corsica on a private plane from Paris, reportedly en route to Sardinia, Italy.
But she was held by police officers momentarily when she landed at the airport after they discovered less than a gram of marijuana on her, reports AFP. Hilton was released shortly afterwards without charge.
It's her second cannabis controversy this month - a friend was arrested by police in South Africa for pot possession following a World Cup soccer game Hilton attended with her on July 2. Former Playboy Playmate Jennifer Rovero has since been ordered to leave South Africa and has been banned from the country until at least 2012 after reportedly confessing to possessing marijuana.
More Paris Hilton News
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3