Paris Hilton Released After Detained in France for Alleged Pot Possession
Paris Hilton was held by police in France on Friday, July 16 after she was caught carrying cannabis in her handbag. The socialite traveled to French island Corsica on a private plane from Paris, reportedly en route to Sardinia, Italy.
But she was held by police officers momentarily when she landed at the airport after they discovered less than a gram of marijuana on her, reports AFP. Hilton was released shortly afterwards without charge.
It's her second cannabis controversy this month - a friend was arrested by police in South Africa for pot possession following a World Cup soccer game Hilton attended with her on July 2. Former Playboy Playmate Jennifer Rovero has since been ordered to leave South Africa and has been banned from the country until at least 2012 after reportedly confessing to possessing marijuana.
- Photos of Topless Maisie Williams Surface Online
- Time Magazine Receives Backlash After Picking Donald Trump as Person of the Year
- Official First Look at Spidey's Web Wings in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Unveiled
- George and Amal Clooney Are 'Living Separate Lives' and Ready for $300 Million Divorce
- Fergie's 'Double Dutchess' Is Coming in January With 3 Music Videos
- Ana and Christian Get Frisky in Eatery in New 'Fifty Shades Darker' Trailer
- NBC's 'Hairspray Live!': How Twitter Reacts
- Jonathan Cheban Calls KimYe Divorce Rumors 'Histerical', Says Couple Is 'in Good Spirits'