Paris Hilton Released After Detained in France for Alleged Pot Possession
Paris Hilton was held by police in France on Friday, July 16 after she was caught carrying cannabis in her handbag. The socialite traveled to French island Corsica on a private plane from Paris, reportedly en route to Sardinia, Italy.
But she was held by police officers momentarily when she landed at the airport after they discovered less than a gram of marijuana on her, reports AFP. Hilton was released shortly afterwards without charge.
It's her second cannabis controversy this month - a friend was arrested by police in South Africa for pot possession following a World Cup soccer game Hilton attended with her on July 2. Former Playboy Playmate Jennifer Rovero has since been ordered to leave South Africa and has been banned from the country until at least 2012 after reportedly confessing to possessing marijuana.
More Paris Hilton News
- 'The Bachelorette' Season 13 Premiere: The Crazy One, the Creepy One and the First Kiss
- Is Brandy Pregnant With New BF Sir the Baptist's Child?
- Rihanna and Lupita Nyong'o to Star in a Movie Based on a Twitter Sensation
- Kourtney Kardashian and Kendall Jenner Flaunt Booties in Skimpy Swimsuits During Vacation in Cannes
- Lana Del Rey Debuts 'Cherry', Dishes on Collaboration With Stevie Nicks
- Lady GaGa Posts Topless Pic to Wish Naomi Campbell Happy Birthday
- 'The Voice' Live Finale Part 1: Four Finalists Sing for the Win
- Taylor Swift's Alleged BF Joe Alwyn Relocating to the States to Be Closer to Her