Paris Hilton Released After Detained in France for Alleged Pot Possession
Paris Hilton was held by police in France on Friday, July 16 after she was caught carrying cannabis in her handbag. The socialite traveled to French island Corsica on a private plane from Paris, reportedly en route to Sardinia, Italy.
But she was held by police officers momentarily when she landed at the airport after they discovered less than a gram of marijuana on her, reports AFP. Hilton was released shortly afterwards without charge.
It's her second cannabis controversy this month - a friend was arrested by police in South Africa for pot possession following a World Cup soccer game Hilton attended with her on July 2. Former Playboy Playmate Jennifer Rovero has since been ordered to leave South Africa and has been banned from the country until at least 2012 after reportedly confessing to possessing marijuana.
More Paris Hilton News
- Watch Fergie's 'M.I.L.F. $' Music Video Starring Kim Kardashian and Chrissy Teigen
- Justin Bieber Posts Cryptic Message About Relationship, Says He'd 'Rather Be Lonely'
- Kim Kardashian on Butt Pads Allegations: 'I Don't Need Them'
- Lil' Kim Cancels Performance at Essence Festival
- Tyga Romances Blonde Beauty in '1 of 1' Music Video
- David Foster's Daughters: Yolanda Hadid Is Not Dying if She Continues to Be on Reality Show
- Alexander Skarsgard Laughs Off Wedding Plan Rumor
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday