Paris Hilton Released After Detained in France for Alleged Pot Possession
Paris Hilton was held by police in France on Friday, July 16 after she was caught carrying cannabis in her handbag. The socialite traveled to French island Corsica on a private plane from Paris, reportedly en route to Sardinia, Italy.
But she was held by police officers momentarily when she landed at the airport after they discovered less than a gram of marijuana on her, reports AFP. Hilton was released shortly afterwards without charge.
It's her second cannabis controversy this month - a friend was arrested by police in South Africa for pot possession following a World Cup soccer game Hilton attended with her on July 2. Former Playboy Playmate Jennifer Rovero has since been ordered to leave South Africa and has been banned from the country until at least 2012 after reportedly confessing to possessing marijuana.
More Paris Hilton News
- People's Choice Awards 2017: 'Outlander' Leads the Full TV Winner List
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Moving In With Kate Hudson Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- People's Choice Awards 2017: 'Finding Dory' Leads Movie Winners
- Janelle Monae and Maxwell Are Set to Perform at Women's March
- Nicole Kidman Reportedly Expecting a Baby at 49
- Julia Roberts Joins 'Smurfs: The Lost Village'. Get the First Look!
- Ryan Lochte Unveils Baby's Sex, Dishes on Wedding Plans With Fiancee Kayla Rae Reid
- Road to Reconciliation? Kris and Caitlyn Jenner Are Reportedly in Joint Therapy