Amy Adams to Portray Blues Legend Janis Joplin in New Biopic
Hollywood sweetheart Amy Adams is set to shock cinema-goers with a rocking new film role - she's signed on to star as tragic 1960s blues legend Janis Joplin in a long-awaited biopic. The "Sunshine Cleaning" star will transform into the "Get It While You Can" hitmaker under the direction of "City of God" 's Fernando Meirelles.
In an interview with Fearnet, "Twilight" producer Wyck Godfrey confirms he is at work on several new films, and "one's a Fernando Meirelles Janis Joplin movie with Amy Adams playing Janis Joplin". Meirelles was previously confirmed to helm the biopic about Joplin's dramatic rise and fall from the spotlight; however, an actress had not yet been attached to star.
Joplin died from a drug overdose in 1970, aged 27. Zooey Deschanel is also linked to the film as Joplin.
More Amy Adams News
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered