Amy Adams to Portray Blues Legend Janis Joplin in New Biopic
Hollywood sweetheart Amy Adams is set to shock cinema-goers with a rocking new film role - she's signed on to star as tragic 1960s blues legend Janis Joplin in a long-awaited biopic. The "Sunshine Cleaning" star will transform into the "Get It While You Can" hitmaker under the direction of "City of God" 's Fernando Meirelles.
In an interview with Fearnet, "Twilight" producer Wyck Godfrey confirms he is at work on several new films, and "one's a Fernando Meirelles Janis Joplin movie with Amy Adams playing Janis Joplin". Meirelles was previously confirmed to helm the biopic about Joplin's dramatic rise and fall from the spotlight; however, an actress had not yet been attached to star.
Joplin died from a drug overdose in 1970, aged 27. Zooey Deschanel is also linked to the film as Joplin.
More Amy Adams News
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!