Amy Adams to Portray Blues Legend Janis Joplin in New Biopic
Hollywood sweetheart Amy Adams is set to shock cinema-goers with a rocking new film role - she's signed on to star as tragic 1960s blues legend Janis Joplin in a long-awaited biopic. The "Sunshine Cleaning" star will transform into the "Get It While You Can" hitmaker under the direction of "City of God" 's Fernando Meirelles.
In an interview with Fearnet, "Twilight" producer Wyck Godfrey confirms he is at work on several new films, and "one's a Fernando Meirelles Janis Joplin movie with Amy Adams playing Janis Joplin". Meirelles was previously confirmed to helm the biopic about Joplin's dramatic rise and fall from the spotlight; however, an actress had not yet been attached to star.
Joplin died from a drug overdose in 1970, aged 27. Zooey Deschanel is also linked to the film as Joplin.
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'