Amy Adams to Portray Blues Legend Janis Joplin in New Biopic
Hollywood sweetheart Amy Adams is set to shock cinema-goers with a rocking new film role - she's signed on to star as tragic 1960s blues legend Janis Joplin in a long-awaited biopic. The "Sunshine Cleaning" star will transform into the "Get It While You Can" hitmaker under the direction of "City of God" 's Fernando Meirelles.
In an interview with Fearnet, "Twilight" producer Wyck Godfrey confirms he is at work on several new films, and "one's a Fernando Meirelles Janis Joplin movie with Amy Adams playing Janis Joplin". Meirelles was previously confirmed to helm the biopic about Joplin's dramatic rise and fall from the spotlight; however, an actress had not yet been attached to star.
Joplin died from a drug overdose in 1970, aged 27. Zooey Deschanel is also linked to the film as Joplin.
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Live Under Different Roofs After He's Released From Hospital