Amy Adams to Portray Blues Legend Janis Joplin in New Biopic
Hollywood sweetheart Amy Adams is set to shock cinema-goers with a rocking new film role - she's signed on to star as tragic 1960s blues legend Janis Joplin in a long-awaited biopic. The "Sunshine Cleaning" star will transform into the "Get It While You Can" hitmaker under the direction of "City of God" 's Fernando Meirelles.
In an interview with Fearnet, "Twilight" producer Wyck Godfrey confirms he is at work on several new films, and "one's a Fernando Meirelles Janis Joplin movie with Amy Adams playing Janis Joplin". Meirelles was previously confirmed to helm the biopic about Joplin's dramatic rise and fall from the spotlight; however, an actress had not yet been attached to star.
Joplin died from a drug overdose in 1970, aged 27. Zooey Deschanel is also linked to the film as Joplin.
More Amy Adams News
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed