Will Young Shocked by Crew Member's Death
British singer Will Young has expressed his shock at the death of a crew member prior to his show on Thursday night, July 15 and sent his "deepest sympathy" to the roadie's family. The "Who Am I" hitmaker's gig at Rochester Castle in Kent, south-east England was marred by tragedy when an unnamed crewman plunged off the stage, suffering serious head injuries.
He was rushed to the nearby Medway Maritime Hospital but died later that evening. Young admits he had no idea about the seriousness of the roadie's condition when he took to the stage and was stunned when he was told the news after the concert.
He tells WENN, "I am shocked and so saddened by last night's tragic accident before the Rochester show. I was unaware of the seriousness of the incident until after I left the stage. My deepest sympathy goes out to the bereaved family."
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'
- New 'The Flash' Set Photos Reveal New Villain and a Mysterious Character
- Report: 'Game of Thrones' Books UFC Fighter Conor McGregor for Upcoming Season