Will Young Shocked by Crew Member's Death
British singer Will Young has expressed his shock at the death of a crew member prior to his show on Thursday night, July 15 and sent his "deepest sympathy" to the roadie's family. The "Who Am I" hitmaker's gig at Rochester Castle in Kent, south-east England was marred by tragedy when an unnamed crewman plunged off the stage, suffering serious head injuries.
He was rushed to the nearby Medway Maritime Hospital but died later that evening. Young admits he had no idea about the seriousness of the roadie's condition when he took to the stage and was stunned when he was told the news after the concert.
He tells WENN, "I am shocked and so saddened by last night's tragic accident before the Rochester show. I was unaware of the seriousness of the incident until after I left the stage. My deepest sympathy goes out to the bereaved family."
- Meek Mill Takes More Shots at Drake on 'All the Way Up' Remix
- Disney Is Considering a Live-Action Version of 'The Little Mermaid'
- Johnny Depp Protects $400 Net Worth, Refuses Amber Heard's Request for Spousal Support
- 'Limitless' Is Canceled by CBS After One Season, Gets No Second Chance
- Beyonce Holds Hands With Jay-Z During Date Night in NYC
- New 'Captain America' Comic Reveals Steve Rogers Is a Hydra Agent All Along
- Patrick Dempsey Confirms He's Back Together With Wife Jillian Fink
- Amber Heard Files for Divorce From Johnny Depp