Will Young Shocked by Crew Member's Death
British singer Will Young has expressed his shock at the death of a crew member prior to his show on Thursday night, July 15 and sent his "deepest sympathy" to the roadie's family. The "Who Am I" hitmaker's gig at Rochester Castle in Kent, south-east England was marred by tragedy when an unnamed crewman plunged off the stage, suffering serious head injuries.
He was rushed to the nearby Medway Maritime Hospital but died later that evening. Young admits he had no idea about the seriousness of the roadie's condition when he took to the stage and was stunned when he was told the news after the concert.
He tells WENN, "I am shocked and so saddened by last night's tragic accident before the Rochester show. I was unaware of the seriousness of the incident until after I left the stage. My deepest sympathy goes out to the bereaved family."
- Are They Engaged? Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Thompson Flaunt Matching Rings on Instagram
- Michael Phelps Secretly Weds Nicole Johnson
- Amber Tamblyn Expecting Her First Child With David Cross
- Macklemore Fighting His Demons in 'Drug Dealer' Music Video
- Gerard Butler Set to Return as Mike Banning in 'Angel Has Fallen'
- Bruno Mars Describes Adele as Diva: 'She's Got All This Attitude'
- Kim Kardashian Filming 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' Backstage at Kanye West's Concert
- Katy Perry Celebrates 32nd Birthday by Voting for Hillary Clinton and Hitting Kanye West's Concert