Will Young Shocked by Crew Member's Death
British singer Will Young has expressed his shock at the death of a crew member prior to his show on Thursday night, July 15 and sent his "deepest sympathy" to the roadie's family. The "Who Am I" hitmaker's gig at Rochester Castle in Kent, south-east England was marred by tragedy when an unnamed crewman plunged off the stage, suffering serious head injuries.
He was rushed to the nearby Medway Maritime Hospital but died later that evening. Young admits he had no idea about the seriousness of the roadie's condition when he took to the stage and was stunned when he was told the news after the concert.
He tells WENN, "I am shocked and so saddened by last night's tragic accident before the Rochester show. I was unaware of the seriousness of the incident until after I left the stage. My deepest sympathy goes out to the bereaved family."
- Drake Gets Eighth Week at Billboard 200's No. 1, RHCP Starts at No. 2
- Photos: Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Hit the Beach in U.K. Joined by His Family
- Liv Tyler Jokes About Her 'Pointy and Giant' Baby Bump
- BET Awards 2016: Beyonce and Drake Dominate Winner List
- Muhammad Ali's Daughter Laila Gets Emotional While Honoring Her Late Father at 2016 BET Awards
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 6 Finale Recap: Does It Confirm Fan Theory About Jon's True Parentage?
- BET Awards 2016: Bryson Tiller and Drake Win More
- Jennifer Hudson Dresses as Prince in White Hooded Dress at 2016 BET Awards