Angelina Jolie and Catherine Zeta-Jones Up for Elizabeth Taylor Role in Biopic
Angelina Jolie and Catherine Zeta-Jones are fighting it out to play Elizabeth Taylor on the big screen, according to industry reports. The two Oscar winners are in talks to play the movie icon in an upcoming film based on Sam Kashner and Nancy Schoenberger's book "Furious Love: Elizabeth Taylor, Richard Burton, and the Marriage of the Century".
Russell Crowe, Clive Owen and Colin Farrell are among the big names being suggested as possible Burton, Taylor's ex-husband. Mike Nichols is reportedly interested in directing the film.
Angelina Jolie recently wrapped the production of "The Tourist" and is set to voice Master Tigress in "Kung Fu Panda: The Kaboom of Doom". Catherine Zeta Jones, in the meantime, is attached to play Cleo in 2011 "Cleopatra".
More Angelina Jolie News
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding