Jaleel White's Domestic Violence Case Dropped
"Family Matters" star Jaleel White has been cleared of allegations he attacked a woman, due to a lack of evidence. The actor, who played nerd Steve Urkel on the sitcom, was at the center of a police investigation after former lover Bridget Hardy claimed the star punched her in the chest while they were driving on a Los Angeles freeway in June .
The accuser, the mum of White's daughter, also alleged that in a separate incident the actor slapped her before pushing her into a toilet with such force that the porcelain broke. But the case has been dropped after Los Angeles Police Department authorities ruled there was not enough evidence to move forward with the case.
White's attorney, Philip Cohen, tells TMZ.com that Hardy's "credibility and timing" were called into question because she waited several weeks to report the allegations.
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story