Jaleel White's Domestic Violence Case Dropped
"Family Matters" star Jaleel White has been cleared of allegations he attacked a woman, due to a lack of evidence. The actor, who played nerd Steve Urkel on the sitcom, was at the center of a police investigation after former lover Bridget Hardy claimed the star punched her in the chest while they were driving on a Los Angeles freeway in June .
The accuser, the mum of White's daughter, also alleged that in a separate incident the actor slapped her before pushing her into a toilet with such force that the porcelain broke. But the case has been dropped after Los Angeles Police Department authorities ruled there was not enough evidence to move forward with the case.
White's attorney, Philip Cohen, tells TMZ.com that Hardy's "credibility and timing" were called into question because she waited several weeks to report the allegations.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce