Jaleel White's Domestic Violence Case Dropped
"Family Matters" star Jaleel White has been cleared of allegations he attacked a woman, due to a lack of evidence. The actor, who played nerd Steve Urkel on the sitcom, was at the center of a police investigation after former lover Bridget Hardy claimed the star punched her in the chest while they were driving on a Los Angeles freeway in June .
The accuser, the mum of White's daughter, also alleged that in a separate incident the actor slapped her before pushing her into a toilet with such force that the porcelain broke. But the case has been dropped after Los Angeles Police Department authorities ruled there was not enough evidence to move forward with the case.
White's attorney, Philip Cohen, tells TMZ.com that Hardy's "credibility and timing" were called into question because she waited several weeks to report the allegations.
- Kylie Jenner and Tyga Make Out in Front of Son Cairo and Other Kids
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Seen Together Again Entering a Hotel in Milan
- 'Godzilla: King of Monsters' Taps Kyle Chandler as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Father
- New 'Alien: Covenant' Photo Confirms James Franco's Casting
- Beyonce and Jay-Z 'Are in the Best Place in Their Marriage'
- Stephen King's 'Castle Rock' Adaptation From J.J. Abrams Gets Series Order at Hulu
- J.Lo Reunites With Marc Anthony for Their Twin Kids' Birthday
- Calvin Harris Taps Frank Ocean and Migos for New Song 'Slide'