Jaleel White's Domestic Violence Case Dropped
"Family Matters" star Jaleel White has been cleared of allegations he attacked a woman, due to a lack of evidence. The actor, who played nerd Steve Urkel on the sitcom, was at the center of a police investigation after former lover Bridget Hardy claimed the star punched her in the chest while they were driving on a Los Angeles freeway in June .
The accuser, the mum of White's daughter, also alleged that in a separate incident the actor slapped her before pushing her into a toilet with such force that the porcelain broke. But the case has been dropped after Los Angeles Police Department authorities ruled there was not enough evidence to move forward with the case.
White's attorney, Philip Cohen, tells TMZ.com that Hardy's "credibility and timing" were called into question because she waited several weeks to report the allegations.
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones