Jaleel White's Domestic Violence Case Dropped
"Family Matters" star Jaleel White has been cleared of allegations he attacked a woman, due to a lack of evidence. The actor, who played nerd Steve Urkel on the sitcom, was at the center of a police investigation after former lover Bridget Hardy claimed the star punched her in the chest while they were driving on a Los Angeles freeway in June .
The accuser, the mum of White's daughter, also alleged that in a separate incident the actor slapped her before pushing her into a toilet with such force that the porcelain broke. But the case has been dropped after Los Angeles Police Department authorities ruled there was not enough evidence to move forward with the case.
White's attorney, Philip Cohen, tells TMZ.com that Hardy's "credibility and timing" were called into question because she waited several weeks to report the allegations.
- Find Out What Ji Chang Wook Wants to Achieve Before Military Enlistment
- Backstreet Boys to Reunite With Florida Georgia Line for 'CMT Crossroads'
- Justin Bieber: Out-of-Work Crew Are Not My Responsibility
- Shia LaBeouf and Mia Goth Are on the Verge of Divorce
- Does Kim Know? Kanye West Caught Leaving Studio With Nearly Naked Woman
- Six Shortest Celebrity Marriages
- Dating for Nine Months, Drew Barrymore Is Set to Wed for the Fourth Time
- So Cool! Watch Lee Joon Gi Do His Own Dangerous Stunt for 'Criminal Minds'