Steve Miller Rejects Hall of Fame Campaign
Fans of rocker Steve Miller have set up a Facebook page dedicated to getting their hero into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame - but "The Joker" hitmaker himself has no interest in becoming part of the "corny" music museum.
Miller has been mysteriously snubbed by the powers that be for years, and he insists he's not bothered. He tells Spinner.com, "When people bring it up, it's kind of embarrassing. I think the Hall of Fame deal is all politics anyway. If I wanted to be in the Hall of Fame, I'd be... playing that game. I don't play that game. The Hall of Fame, to me, is so corny."
But he admits he was among the first people considered for the Hall when it was being built in Cleveland, Ohio: "I went to the Hall of Fame and they were talking to me when they were designing it. I was looking at the architectural plans for the Hall of Fame and they were going, 'Oh, Steve, when you're in the Hall of Fame we want all your stuff. Can we have your guitars?' And I was going, 'No, you can't have my guitars.'
"The last time I was at the Hall of Fame, the computers didn't work and (they had) a bunch of capes and bad gloves and there wasn't anything in there that was of any importance."
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Ties the Knot with Joana Pak
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Kicked Out of Childbirth Class - Here Is Why!
- 'Luke Cage' Renewed for Season 2 at Netflix
- 'Glee' Star Becca Tobin Marries Zach Martin - Check Out Her Wedding Pics!
- Donald Trump Calls 'SNL' Unwatchable, Alec Baldwin Reacts
- Jensen Ackles and Danneel Harris Welcome Twin Babies
- 'Sense8' Announces Premiere Dates for Christmas Special and Season 2
- Watch: Shawn Mendes Makes His 'SNL' Debut