PETA Not Pleased by Fur-Supporting Janet Jackson
Animal activists have taken aim at Janet Jackson for signing on as the new face of fur firm BlackGlama. The pop superstar was announced as the brand's new 'What Becomes a Legend Most?' spokesmodel on Thursday, July 15 and she'll model high-quality mink items in the ads - and PETA bosses have been quick to react.
Spokeswoman Amanda Schinke says, "It's amazing what celebrities will do when their careers are on a downslide, but we didn't think that Janet was this desperate."
"Surely she knows enough about suffering and unjustified death to recognize that both occur in the production of a fur coat. We are asking her to think again and to donate these stolen skins to be used as bedding for animals orphaned by other human-caused disasters, such as loss of habitat."
More Janet Jackson News
- G-Dragon Promises Big Bang Will Reunite as 5 Members
- Jay Park Signs With Roc Nation
- Justin Bieber Banned From China Over His 'Bad Behavior'
- Kim Kardashian Is 'Furious' After Video of Her Partying Hard Exposed
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Tasha McCauley Welcome Second Child
- Celebrities Who Regret Getting Plastic Surgery
- JYJ's Park Yoochun's Fiancee Allegedly Wants to Break Off Engagement
- Kingsman Teams Up With Statesman in New 'The Golden Circle' Red Band Trailer