PETA Not Pleased by Fur-Supporting Janet Jackson
Animal activists have taken aim at Janet Jackson for signing on as the new face of fur firm BlackGlama. The pop superstar was announced as the brand's new 'What Becomes a Legend Most?' spokesmodel on Thursday, July 15 and she'll model high-quality mink items in the ads - and PETA bosses have been quick to react.
Spokeswoman Amanda Schinke says, "It's amazing what celebrities will do when their careers are on a downslide, but we didn't think that Janet was this desperate."
"Surely she knows enough about suffering and unjustified death to recognize that both occur in the production of a fur coat. We are asking her to think again and to donate these stolen skins to be used as bedding for animals orphaned by other human-caused disasters, such as loss of habitat."
More Janet Jackson News
- Anne Hathaway Admits She Faked Happiness During Her 2013 Oscar Win
- 'Real Housewives of Miami' Star Larsa Splits From Husband Scottie Pippen Amid Future Romance Rumor
- Former Bachelorette Desiree Hartsock Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'
- Katy Perry and Pharrell Williams Named Co-Chairs for 2017 Met Gala
- Shailene Woodley Writes Powerful Essay About Her Arrest During Pipeline Protest