PETA Not Pleased by Fur-Supporting Janet Jackson
Animal activists have taken aim at Janet Jackson for signing on as the new face of fur firm BlackGlama. The pop superstar was announced as the brand's new 'What Becomes a Legend Most?' spokesmodel on Thursday, July 15 and she'll model high-quality mink items in the ads - and PETA bosses have been quick to react.
Spokeswoman Amanda Schinke says, "It's amazing what celebrities will do when their careers are on a downslide, but we didn't think that Janet was this desperate."
"Surely she knows enough about suffering and unjustified death to recognize that both occur in the production of a fur coat. We are asking her to think again and to donate these stolen skins to be used as bedding for animals orphaned by other human-caused disasters, such as loss of habitat."
More Janet Jackson News
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance