Leonardo DiCaprio Still Open for Superhero Role
Leonardo DiCaprio refuses to rule out playing a superhero despite turning down the role of "Spider-Man" and snubbing an offer to play Batman's Robin - insisting the comic book movie genre is "getting better".
The actor was the favorite to star as Robin in 1995's "Batman Forever" and as the web-slinging Spider-Man in the hit movies - but turned down lucrative offers as he didn't want to commit to longterm franchises.
Speaking to Britain's Shortlist magazine, he explains, "I never screen-tested (to play Robin in Batman Forever). I had a meeting with Joel Schumacher. It was just one meeting and, no, I didn't end up doing it... As I recall I took the meeting, but didn't want to play the role. Joel Schumacher is a very talented director but I don't think I was ready for anything like that."
"(Spider-Man) was another one of those situations, similar to Robin, where I didn't feel ready to put on that suit yet. They got in touch with me."
But he admits he's open to suiting up for a hero role in the future: "You never know. You never know. They're getting better and better as far as complex characters in these movies. I haven't yet. But no, I don't rule out anything."
More Leonardo DiCaprio News
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega Play in London Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat
- Joseph Duggar Engaged to Kendra Caldwell at His Sister Joy-Anna's Wedding
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic