Leonardo DiCaprio Still Open for Superhero Role
Leonardo DiCaprio refuses to rule out playing a superhero despite turning down the role of "Spider-Man" and snubbing an offer to play Batman's Robin - insisting the comic book movie genre is "getting better".
The actor was the favorite to star as Robin in 1995's "Batman Forever" and as the web-slinging Spider-Man in the hit movies - but turned down lucrative offers as he didn't want to commit to longterm franchises.
Speaking to Britain's Shortlist magazine, he explains, "I never screen-tested (to play Robin in Batman Forever). I had a meeting with Joel Schumacher. It was just one meeting and, no, I didn't end up doing it... As I recall I took the meeting, but didn't want to play the role. Joel Schumacher is a very talented director but I don't think I was ready for anything like that."
"(Spider-Man) was another one of those situations, similar to Robin, where I didn't feel ready to put on that suit yet. They got in touch with me."
But he admits he's open to suiting up for a hero role in the future: "You never know. You never know. They're getting better and better as far as complex characters in these movies. I haven't yet. But no, I don't rule out anything."
More Leonardo DiCaprio News
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour