Leonardo DiCaprio Still Open for Superhero Role
Leonardo DiCaprio refuses to rule out playing a superhero despite turning down the role of "Spider-Man" and snubbing an offer to play Batman's Robin - insisting the comic book movie genre is "getting better".
The actor was the favorite to star as Robin in 1995's "Batman Forever" and as the web-slinging Spider-Man in the hit movies - but turned down lucrative offers as he didn't want to commit to longterm franchises.
Speaking to Britain's Shortlist magazine, he explains, "I never screen-tested (to play Robin in Batman Forever). I had a meeting with Joel Schumacher. It was just one meeting and, no, I didn't end up doing it... As I recall I took the meeting, but didn't want to play the role. Joel Schumacher is a very talented director but I don't think I was ready for anything like that."
"(Spider-Man) was another one of those situations, similar to Robin, where I didn't feel ready to put on that suit yet. They got in touch with me."
But he admits he's open to suiting up for a hero role in the future: "You never know. You never know. They're getting better and better as far as complex characters in these movies. I haven't yet. But no, I don't rule out anything."
More Leonardo DiCaprio News
- See Black Lightning in Costume in First Look of The CW's New Series
- Kim Kardashian Channels Kris Jenner for a Sexy Photoshoot - Check Out Her Wild Look!
- 'The Mindy Project' Renewed for Sixth and Final Season on Hulu
- Rob Kardashian 'Fears' Blac Chyna Will Come for Him After Calling Out Tyga
- 'Fate of the Furious' Will Start a New Trilogy, Vin Diesel Says
- Nicki Minaj Flaunts Her Body in Gucci Mane's 'Make Love' Music Video
- See David Beckham's Face Ruined for 'King Arthur' Movie!
- Lamar Odom Admits to Drugs Abuse and Multiple Affairs During Khloe Kardashian Marriage