John Stamos' Extortionists Found Guilty
A Michigan couple has been jailed for attempting to extort money from actor John Stamos. Allison Coss and Scott Sippola were arrested in December 2009 after they allegedly threatened to release snaps of the actor with cocaine and strippers unless he handed over $680,000. Coss claimed she met the actor when she was 17 before embarking on a romantic affair with him - allegations his lawyer denied in court.
Stamos maintains he met Coss in 2004 at a party in Orlando, Florida, while recovering after separating from his wife, Rebecca Romijn. Taking to the stand earlier this week, Stamos told prosecutors about his subsequent email exchanges with Coss, describing them as "flirty" but "friendly". He added, "It was all very sweet. I considered her a friend."
Coss then told the actor she was pregnant with his child. Stamos read aloud emails in court about a supposed tabloid deal to buy and publish photos of the star allegedly taking drugs and drinking. Stamos told the court he contacted authorities because he felt "threatened, violated", adding, "I felt this was illegal."
He testified that FBI officials then took over his correspondence. Two agents testified on Monday, July 12 about staging a sting operation which ended in Coss and Sippola's arrest. On Thursday July 15, Coss, 24, and Sippola, 31, were found guilty of conspiracy and using e-mail to threaten a person's reputation. They both face five-year prison spells.
Stamos maintains he did not use cocaine or act inappropriately in 2004, the year the purported photos were taken.
More John Stamos News
- Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Selena Gomez, Metallica to Perform at 2016 Global Citizen Concert
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger