Mark Wahlberg Secretly Thrilled About Shooting Derek Jeter in 'The Other Guys'
Mark Wahlberg had his toughest acting test on the set of his new action comedy "The Other Guys" when he had to pretend to be upset about shooting one of his sporting foes. Die-hard Boston Red Sox fan Wahlberg's character is a New York cop who accidentally shoots Yankees baseball star Derek Jeter and he admits he secretly relished the plotline, but couldn't show it.
Wahlberg says, "It was a lot of fun. It was probably one of the most difficult acting scenes, to be upset about the fact that I had to shoot Derek Jeter... My character shoots him in the leg."
But the movie star knows the scene will make him a hero in his native Boston, saying "We're actually screening the movie August 3rd for my youth foundation in Boston, and the Boston audience are gonna see this scene and go nuts."
More Mark Wahlberg News
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3