Mark Wahlberg Secretly Thrilled About Shooting Derek Jeter in 'The Other Guys'
Mark Wahlberg had his toughest acting test on the set of his new action comedy "The Other Guys" when he had to pretend to be upset about shooting one of his sporting foes. Die-hard Boston Red Sox fan Wahlberg's character is a New York cop who accidentally shoots Yankees baseball star Derek Jeter and he admits he secretly relished the plotline, but couldn't show it.
Wahlberg says, "It was a lot of fun. It was probably one of the most difficult acting scenes, to be upset about the fact that I had to shoot Derek Jeter... My character shoots him in the leg."
But the movie star knows the scene will make him a hero in his native Boston, saying "We're actually screening the movie August 3rd for my youth foundation in Boston, and the Boston audience are gonna see this scene and go nuts."
More Mark Wahlberg News
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic