Mark Wahlberg Secretly Thrilled About Shooting Derek Jeter in 'The Other Guys'
Mark Wahlberg had his toughest acting test on the set of his new action comedy "The Other Guys" when he had to pretend to be upset about shooting one of his sporting foes. Die-hard Boston Red Sox fan Wahlberg's character is a New York cop who accidentally shoots Yankees baseball star Derek Jeter and he admits he secretly relished the plotline, but couldn't show it.
Wahlberg says, "It was a lot of fun. It was probably one of the most difficult acting scenes, to be upset about the fact that I had to shoot Derek Jeter... My character shoots him in the leg."
But the movie star knows the scene will make him a hero in his native Boston, saying "We're actually screening the movie August 3rd for my youth foundation in Boston, and the Boston audience are gonna see this scene and go nuts."
More Mark Wahlberg News
- First Look at Harry, Ginny and Albus in 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child'
- Mark Salling Fired From 'Gods and Secrets' After Indicted for Child Pornography
- Emilia Clarke Wants to Be the First Female James Bond With This Hunk as Her Bond 'Boy'
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video