Mark Wahlberg Secretly Thrilled About Shooting Derek Jeter in 'The Other Guys'
Mark Wahlberg had his toughest acting test on the set of his new action comedy "The Other Guys" when he had to pretend to be upset about shooting one of his sporting foes. Die-hard Boston Red Sox fan Wahlberg's character is a New York cop who accidentally shoots Yankees baseball star Derek Jeter and he admits he secretly relished the plotline, but couldn't show it.
Wahlberg says, "It was a lot of fun. It was probably one of the most difficult acting scenes, to be upset about the fact that I had to shoot Derek Jeter... My character shoots him in the leg."
But the movie star knows the scene will make him a hero in his native Boston, saying "We're actually screening the movie August 3rd for my youth foundation in Boston, and the Boston audience are gonna see this scene and go nuts."
More Mark Wahlberg News
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March