Mark Wahlberg Secretly Thrilled About Shooting Derek Jeter in 'The Other Guys'
Mark Wahlberg had his toughest acting test on the set of his new action comedy "The Other Guys" when he had to pretend to be upset about shooting one of his sporting foes. Die-hard Boston Red Sox fan Wahlberg's character is a New York cop who accidentally shoots Yankees baseball star Derek Jeter and he admits he secretly relished the plotline, but couldn't show it.
Wahlberg says, "It was a lot of fun. It was probably one of the most difficult acting scenes, to be upset about the fact that I had to shoot Derek Jeter... My character shoots him in the leg."
But the movie star knows the scene will make him a hero in his native Boston, saying "We're actually screening the movie August 3rd for my youth foundation in Boston, and the Boston audience are gonna see this scene and go nuts."
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival