Elizabeth Banks to Portray Peter Pan's Pixie Pal Tinkerbell
Actress Elizabeth Banks is off to Never Never Land after landing a coveted role in a new live-action movie about Peter Pan's pixie pal Tinkerbell. The "Zack and Miri Make a Porno" actress is set to star as the mischievous pixie in Disney's forthcoming romantic comedy, "Tink".
Hollywood heavyweights Adam Shankman, McG and and Jennifer Gibgot have signed on to produce the screenplay, written by Jennifer Wright Shapiro, reports Variety. It is not the first time a modern star has played the fairy - Julia Roberts played the pixie in 1991's "Hook" and French actress Ludivine Sagnier portrayed the sprite in P.J. Hogan's 2003 adaptation of "Peter Pan".
While Elizabeth Banks will be seen playing Tinkerbell in the live-action movie, the animated version about the pixie has been previously made, called "Tinker Bell". The film was released on DVD and Blu-Ray by Walt Disney Home Video on September 18, 2008 with Mae Whitman dubbing as the pixie, who is born from the first laugh of a baby.
More Elizabeth Banks News
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri