Elizabeth Banks to Portray Peter Pan's Pixie Pal Tinkerbell
Actress Elizabeth Banks is off to Never Never Land after landing a coveted role in a new live-action movie about Peter Pan's pixie pal Tinkerbell. The "Zack and Miri Make a Porno" actress is set to star as the mischievous pixie in Disney's forthcoming romantic comedy, "Tink".
Hollywood heavyweights Adam Shankman, McG and and Jennifer Gibgot have signed on to produce the screenplay, written by Jennifer Wright Shapiro, reports Variety. It is not the first time a modern star has played the fairy - Julia Roberts played the pixie in 1991's "Hook" and French actress Ludivine Sagnier portrayed the sprite in P.J. Hogan's 2003 adaptation of "Peter Pan".
While Elizabeth Banks will be seen playing Tinkerbell in the live-action movie, the animated version about the pixie has been previously made, called "Tinker Bell". The film was released on DVD and Blu-Ray by Walt Disney Home Video on September 18, 2008 with Mae Whitman dubbing as the pixie, who is born from the first laugh of a baby.
More Elizabeth Banks News
- Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalifa Sued by Victims of Collapsed Railing at Their Concert
- Homeland Security on the Hunt for Those Who Hacked Leslie Jones' Website
- Check Out Christina Grimmie's Third Posthumous Music Video for 'Deception'
- Amber Heard Slams Johnny Depp for Directly Sending Her Settlement Money to Charities
- The Rock Topples Robert Downey Jr. From Top Spot on List of Highest-Paid Actors 2016
- Taylor Swift Won't Come to MTV VMAs 2016 as Kanye West Is Given Free Reign on Stage
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck