Elizabeth Banks to Portray Peter Pan's Pixie Pal Tinkerbell
Actress Elizabeth Banks is off to Never Never Land after landing a coveted role in a new live-action movie about Peter Pan's pixie pal Tinkerbell. The "Zack and Miri Make a Porno" actress is set to star as the mischievous pixie in Disney's forthcoming romantic comedy, "Tink".
Hollywood heavyweights Adam Shankman, McG and and Jennifer Gibgot have signed on to produce the screenplay, written by Jennifer Wright Shapiro, reports Variety. It is not the first time a modern star has played the fairy - Julia Roberts played the pixie in 1991's "Hook" and French actress Ludivine Sagnier portrayed the sprite in P.J. Hogan's 2003 adaptation of "Peter Pan".
While Elizabeth Banks will be seen playing Tinkerbell in the live-action movie, the animated version about the pixie has been previously made, called "Tinker Bell". The film was released on DVD and Blu-Ray by Walt Disney Home Video on September 18, 2008 with Mae Whitman dubbing as the pixie, who is born from the first laugh of a baby.
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega Play in London Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat
- Joseph Duggar Engaged to Kendra Caldwell at His Sister Joy-Anna's Wedding
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic