Elizabeth Banks to Portray Peter Pan's Pixie Pal Tinkerbell
Actress Elizabeth Banks is off to Never Never Land after landing a coveted role in a new live-action movie about Peter Pan's pixie pal Tinkerbell. The "Zack and Miri Make a Porno" actress is set to star as the mischievous pixie in Disney's forthcoming romantic comedy, "Tink".
Hollywood heavyweights Adam Shankman, McG and and Jennifer Gibgot have signed on to produce the screenplay, written by Jennifer Wright Shapiro, reports Variety. It is not the first time a modern star has played the fairy - Julia Roberts played the pixie in 1991's "Hook" and French actress Ludivine Sagnier portrayed the sprite in P.J. Hogan's 2003 adaptation of "Peter Pan".
While Elizabeth Banks will be seen playing Tinkerbell in the live-action movie, the animated version about the pixie has been previously made, called "Tinker Bell". The film was released on DVD and Blu-Ray by Walt Disney Home Video on September 18, 2008 with Mae Whitman dubbing as the pixie, who is born from the first laugh of a baby.
- New 'Bachelor in Paradise' Couple! Amanda Stanton and Robby Hayes Spotted on a Date
- Anne Hathaway Eyed to Replace Amy Schumer in Live-Action 'Barbie'
- 'Exhausted' Justin Bieber Cancels the Rest of 'Purpose' Tour Dates
- Rihanna Fuels Pregnancy Rumors With Bigger Boobs at 'Valerian' European Premiere
- ABC Sets Fall 2017 Premiere Dates for 'Grey's Anatomy', 'The Good Doctor' and More
- Ex-Wonder Girls Member Sun Mi to Release Second Solo Album in August
- Find Out Why Song Joong Ki Wants to Get Married Early
- Ariel Winter Flaunts Butt Tattoo on Snapchat