Andy Whitfield to Make First Public Appearance at Comic-Con Post Cancer Battle
Cancer survivor Andy Whitfield is to make his first public appearance since battling the disease at next week's Comic-Con convention in San Diego, California. The Aussie star will join his "Spartacus: Blood and Sand" castmates to chat about the future of the hit TV franchise set in ancient Rome and co-star Lucy Lawless insists Comic-Con is a great place for his return.
She says, "I know he's gonna love every moment of it." Whitfield, who plays gladiator slave Spartacus on the show, was diagnosed with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma earlier this year, resulting in a delay in production on the second series of the show, which is filmed in New Zealand.
He has now been given the all-clear after months of treatment and he has already begun training to get back in shape for the physically demanding role, with plans to enroll in boot camp sessions in July. Whitfield is due to resume filming the drama in October.
- Song Joong Ki's 'Battleship Island' Co-Star Spills Detail of His Wedding Plan to Song Hye Kyo
- Fans Speculate Infinite's Woohyun Is Involved in Sexual Assault Case
- Venus Williams Claims Fatal Car Crash Victim Didn't Wear Seat Belt
- Chadwick Boseman Hunts Down His Sister's Killer in Intense Trailer for 'Message from the King'
- Usher Cleans His Star and Pushes a Car With James Corden in 'Carpool Karaoke'
- Kate Hudson Shaves Her Head for New Musical Project With Sia
- O.J. Simpson and Kato Kaelin May Live Together for New Reality Show
- Khloe Kardashian Accused of Photoshopping Her Workout Pic. See It Yourself!