Andy Whitfield to Make First Public Appearance at Comic-Con Post Cancer Battle
Cancer survivor Andy Whitfield is to make his first public appearance since battling the disease at next week's Comic-Con convention in San Diego, California. The Aussie star will join his "Spartacus: Blood and Sand" castmates to chat about the future of the hit TV franchise set in ancient Rome and co-star Lucy Lawless insists Comic-Con is a great place for his return.
She says, "I know he's gonna love every moment of it." Whitfield, who plays gladiator slave Spartacus on the show, was diagnosed with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma earlier this year, resulting in a delay in production on the second series of the show, which is filmed in New Zealand.
He has now been given the all-clear after months of treatment and he has already begun training to get back in shape for the physically demanding role, with plans to enroll in boot camp sessions in July. Whitfield is due to resume filming the drama in October.
- Perrie Edwards Was Left Homeless After Nasty Split From Zayn Malik
- Azealia Banks Pens Apology Letter to Zayn Malik
- Weird Al Turns Final Presidential Debate Into Song Called 'Bad Hombres, Nasty Women'
- Chris Pine and Gugu Mbatha-Raw Join the Cast of Disney's 'A Wrinkle in Time'
- Judge Approves Taylor Swift's Request to Seal Her Groping Photo
- Angelina Jolie Already 'Misses' Brad Pitt, Is Having 'Second Thoughts' About Divorce
- Watch Amy Schumer and Goldie Hawn Parody Beyonce's 'Formation' Video
- Lindsay Lohan Is Facing Bankruptcy After Failing to Pay Rent on $4.2M London Flat