Andy Whitfield to Make First Public Appearance at Comic-Con Post Cancer Battle
Cancer survivor Andy Whitfield is to make his first public appearance since battling the disease at next week's Comic-Con convention in San Diego, California. The Aussie star will join his "Spartacus: Blood and Sand" castmates to chat about the future of the hit TV franchise set in ancient Rome and co-star Lucy Lawless insists Comic-Con is a great place for his return.
She says, "I know he's gonna love every moment of it." Whitfield, who plays gladiator slave Spartacus on the show, was diagnosed with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma earlier this year, resulting in a delay in production on the second series of the show, which is filmed in New Zealand.
He has now been given the all-clear after months of treatment and he has already begun training to get back in shape for the physically demanding role, with plans to enroll in boot camp sessions in July. Whitfield is due to resume filming the drama in October.
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video
- Justin Bieber Strips Down to Underwear, Holds His Crotch in Bizarre Racy Picture
- Is Nick Jonas Dating Lily Collins? Here's the Truth