Rosie Perez Recovering From Neck Surgery
Actress Rosie Perez is recovering from a bone marrow procedure and neck surgery after suffering an injury on the set of U.S. TV crime drama "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" in 2009. Perez had fans worried when photos of the former dancer emerged online, showing her in a wheelchair and wearing a neck brace ahead of a meeting with U.S. President Barack Obama on Wednesday, July 14.
The actress has since confirmed she is recovering from surgery to repair slipped and bulging disks suffered during a stunt on "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit", in which an extra was instructed to physically shake her as part of the plot. Perez tells HipHollywood.com she felt a pain in her neck immediately following the first take, but agreed to complete the stunt twice more before she decided to stop.
The longtime AIDS activist waited months to go under the knife as she searched for an alternative to surgery, but she recently underwent the procedure, and had to attend a meeting about the National HIV/AIDS Strategy in Washington, D.C. in a wheelchair. She had to explain her physical state to President Obama but the star was still all smiles.
According to the wesbite, the pair had a good laugh when Perez described the stunt, prompting Obama to quip, "Don't you know they have professionals for that?"
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal