Rosie Perez Recovering From Neck Surgery
Actress Rosie Perez is recovering from a bone marrow procedure and neck surgery after suffering an injury on the set of U.S. TV crime drama "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" in 2009. Perez had fans worried when photos of the former dancer emerged online, showing her in a wheelchair and wearing a neck brace ahead of a meeting with U.S. President Barack Obama on Wednesday, July 14.
The actress has since confirmed she is recovering from surgery to repair slipped and bulging disks suffered during a stunt on "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit", in which an extra was instructed to physically shake her as part of the plot. Perez tells HipHollywood.com she felt a pain in her neck immediately following the first take, but agreed to complete the stunt twice more before she decided to stop.
The longtime AIDS activist waited months to go under the knife as she searched for an alternative to surgery, but she recently underwent the procedure, and had to attend a meeting about the National HIV/AIDS Strategy in Washington, D.C. in a wheelchair. She had to explain her physical state to President Obama but the star was still all smiles.
According to the wesbite, the pair had a good laugh when Perez described the stunt, prompting Obama to quip, "Don't you know they have professionals for that?"
- Gisele Bundchen, Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid Among Highest-Paid Models 2016
- Selena Gomez Takes a Break, Cancels Tour Amid Battle With Depression due to Lupus
- 'Arrow' Season 5 Shows First Look at Villainous Prometheus
- Blake Lively Celebrates Baby Shower With Taylor Swift
- Gabby Douglas Apologizes After Missing VMAs due to Health Issues
- First Look at Miley Cyrus as Hippie in Woody Allen's 'Crisis in Six Scenes'
- Drake and Rihanna Kiss on Instagram, Enjoy Date Night After VMAs
- Chris Brown Reacts to Accusations That He Pulled Gun on Woman