Heltah Skeltah Rapper Found Not Guilty in Murder
Heltah Skeltah rapper Rock has been found not guilty of attempted murder over a 2008 shooting which left a man paralyzed. The hip-hop star was accused of working as a pimp at night and shooting an alleged rival in January 2008.
Rock, real name Jamal Bush, was arrested and released on $125,000 bail shortly after the shooting, but immediately protested his innocence, reports AllHipHop.com. And now he has been found not guilty, according Dru Ha, boss of Rock's record label Duck Down Records.
In a post on Ha's Twitter.com page, he writes: "Exhale for Rock & congratulations to his attorney Kenneth Montgomery for the NOT GUILTY VERDICT! Incredible job."
The good news comes in time for Rock, who is planning to release "Rockin' Out West" mixtape with DJ Suge White later this year.
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy