Mashonda Talked About Confronting Alicia Keys in a Dinner
R&B singer Mashonda demanded a meeting with Swizz Beatz's new girlfriend Alicia Keys in March - in a bid to put aside their differences for the sake of her son with the producer. Mashonda split from the hip-hop star, father of her three-year-old son Kasseem, Jr., in 2008 and filed for divorce in February the following year.
Subsequent reports alleged Beatz had already moved on to date the "Empire State of Mind" hitmaker, prompting an enraged Mashonda to accuse Keys of wrecking her marriage. She took to her Twitter.com page in September 2009 to publish an open letter directed at Keys, reaching out in an attempt to "confront" their "issues".
The two women eventually came face-to-face for the discussion in March - just two months before Keys announced she was pregnant and engaged to marry Beatz. Mashonda tells Vibe.com, "When I wrote her that Twitter letter everybody wanted to say things like, 'Oh, what do you need to meet her for? It's not her problem, it's Swizz's.' I'm like, 'You have a kid, go through what I went through and then talk to me.' I'm not having my son around anybody I don't know."
"I don't give a f**k who you are and how much money you have and what management he's going to be under when he visits you. I need to see you and I need you to see how serious I am about him. We had to sit down, and I told her (Keys) how I felt. I didn't mention anything else, it was all about my son and it was fine after that. I'm not going sit and talk to (Keys and Beatz) about what happened between the three of us. This is about my son."
"She (Keys) just listened... It wasn't awkward; I wouldn't have done it if I wasn't ready. I said what I had to say as a mum. It was a whole sit down dinner. So you know how intimate that is. There are certain things we have to do as women in order to move forward."
And Mashonda is glad to have worked out their problems, adding, "I believe she deserves privacy. I hate hearing people wish bad stuff on her and the baby. I wish her the most successful, healthy pregnancy in the world. That child is going to be my son's brother or sister and that's the only way to look at it."
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media