Lindsay Lohan Hires Top Lawyer in Final Bid
Lindsay Lohan has reportedly hired top Hollywood lawyer Robert Saphiro to help her avoid prison on Tuesday, July 20. The "Mean Girls" star's new legal counsel is experienced criminal defense attorney Shapiro, who successfully defended actor O.J. Simpson at his 1994 murder trial.
According to TMZ.com, Shapiro will not appeal the actress' upcoming 90-day prison sentence - instead he'll urge Judge Marsha Revel to either eliminate or minimize jail by putting Lohan in rehab. Shapiro, whose son died of a drug overdose in 2005, wants Lohan to spend time in a live-in treatment center.
The 24 year old's long-serving lawyer Shawn Chapman Holley resigned just days after the star was sentenced to prison time for breaking the terms of her probation from a 2007 DUI arrest by failing to attend alcohol education classes. Lohan is due to surrender to authorities on Tuesday.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Hoda Kotb Introduces Newly-Adopted Daughter, Explains Baby's Name
- Karrueche Tran Accuses Chris Brown of Domestic Violence, Files for Restraining Order
- Han Solo Movie Offers First Picture of Cast Members in Millennium Falcon
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle
- Pregnant Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Covers Baby Bump in Trench Coat on Lunch Date With Jason Statham
- Fergie Shows Off Pert Derriere in Cheeky Instagram Picture
- George Clooney Finally Opens Up About Amal's Pregnancy
- Adele Named Top Music Legend of the Future