Lindsay Lohan Hires Top Lawyer in Final Bid
Lindsay Lohan has reportedly hired top Hollywood lawyer Robert Saphiro to help her avoid prison on Tuesday, July 20. The "Mean Girls" star's new legal counsel is experienced criminal defense attorney Shapiro, who successfully defended actor O.J. Simpson at his 1994 murder trial.
According to TMZ.com, Shapiro will not appeal the actress' upcoming 90-day prison sentence - instead he'll urge Judge Marsha Revel to either eliminate or minimize jail by putting Lohan in rehab. Shapiro, whose son died of a drug overdose in 2005, wants Lohan to spend time in a live-in treatment center.
The 24 year old's long-serving lawyer Shawn Chapman Holley resigned just days after the star was sentenced to prison time for breaking the terms of her probation from a 2007 DUI arrest by failing to attend alcohol education classes. Lohan is due to surrender to authorities on Tuesday.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Braless Kendall Risks Nip Slip in Revealing Gold Top, Kylie Flaunts Butt in Thong Bikini
- Ireland Baldwin Dances in the Ocean Completely Topless in Latest Love Advent Video
- The Ancient Princess Is Awakened in 'The Mummy' First Full Trailer
- Taylor Swift Sends Next Album's Material to Ex Tom Hiddleston - But Why?
- See Jennifer Aniston Help Vanessa Bayer Prepare for Rachel Spoof on 'Saturday Night Live'
- Selena Gomez Steps Out With New Haircut at Hollywood Hot Spot
- 'Moana' Remains at No. 1 at Box Office on Slow Weekend
- Are Steven Tyler and His 28-Year-Old Girlfriend Engaged? See the Proof