Lindsay Lohan Hires Top Lawyer in Final Bid
Lindsay Lohan has reportedly hired top Hollywood lawyer Robert Saphiro to help her avoid prison on Tuesday, July 20. The "Mean Girls" star's new legal counsel is experienced criminal defense attorney Shapiro, who successfully defended actor O.J. Simpson at his 1994 murder trial.
According to TMZ.com, Shapiro will not appeal the actress' upcoming 90-day prison sentence - instead he'll urge Judge Marsha Revel to either eliminate or minimize jail by putting Lohan in rehab. Shapiro, whose son died of a drug overdose in 2005, wants Lohan to spend time in a live-in treatment center.
The 24 year old's long-serving lawyer Shawn Chapman Holley resigned just days after the star was sentenced to prison time for breaking the terms of her probation from a 2007 DUI arrest by failing to attend alcohol education classes. Lohan is due to surrender to authorities on Tuesday.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- 'Modern Family' to Make History by Casting Transgender Child Actor
- New 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Set Pic Sees Tom Holland Suiting Up as the Webslinger in Queens
- 'Scream Queens' 2.03 Preview Teases Bad Blood Between Chad and Brock
- Courteney Cox on Jennifer Aniston Dragged Into Brangelina Divorce: 'It's Not About Her'
- Rep Denies Lady GaGa Is Having Baby 'on Her Own'
- Get Your First Look at Nick Jonas in New 'Jumanji' Movie
- Report: Kourtney Kardashian Is Expecting Baby No. 4 With Scott Disick
- Taylor Swift's Squad Reportedly Abandons Her After Her 'Embarrassing Feuds and Breakups'