Lindsay Lohan Hires Top Lawyer in Final Bid
Lindsay Lohan has reportedly hired top Hollywood lawyer Robert Saphiro to help her avoid prison on Tuesday, July 20. The "Mean Girls" star's new legal counsel is experienced criminal defense attorney Shapiro, who successfully defended actor O.J. Simpson at his 1994 murder trial.
According to TMZ.com, Shapiro will not appeal the actress' upcoming 90-day prison sentence - instead he'll urge Judge Marsha Revel to either eliminate or minimize jail by putting Lohan in rehab. Shapiro, whose son died of a drug overdose in 2005, wants Lohan to spend time in a live-in treatment center.
The 24 year old's long-serving lawyer Shawn Chapman Holley resigned just days after the star was sentenced to prison time for breaking the terms of her probation from a 2007 DUI arrest by failing to attend alcohol education classes. Lohan is due to surrender to authorities on Tuesday.
- Suspect in Ariana Grande Concert Bombing Identified, His Brother Arrested by Police
- Ashley Tisdale and Lucas Grabeel Reunite to Cover Classic 'High School Musical' Song
- Katy Perry Wants to Celebrate Her $25M 'American Idol' Paycheck With a 'Beautiful Man'
- Hailey Baldwin Goes Braless for Maxim as She's Dubbed the World's Sexiest Woman
- 'The Voice' Live Finale Part 2: And the Winner of Season 12 Is....
- Kim Kardashian Faces Backlash Over Insensitive Tribute to Manchester Attack Victims
- Future Enlists Kendrick Lamar on 'Mask Off' Remix - Listen
- Karrueche Tran Denied Permanent Restraining Order Against Chris Brown