Howard Jones Penned a Tribute to Late Kevin Wilkinson
Eighties pop star Howard Jones has penned a tribute to drummer pal Kevin Wilkinson, 10 years after the session musician hanged himself. The "New Song" singer, who had worked exclusively with Wilkinson, admits he was still struggling to come to terms with his death and decided to sit down with mutual friends and write about his feelings.
The result was new song "You Knew Us Well". Jones tells WENN, "I really needed to document the process that I went through to try and come to terms with the death. I talked it through with a lot of friends who actually knew him, so we kind of helped each other through."
"I thought it was very important to do that because I'm sure that loads of people have been through a similar thing with a friend. You get very angry and you start to feel really guilty and then you start to think about how great that person's life was and, in the end, I started to come to a positive view about it all."
"Although it came to tragedy, the things to remember were there was so much fun and laughter and friendship we've had. I thought that would be of great use to other people."
- Kanye West Leaves L.A. in the Middle of the Night Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber