Howard Jones Penned a Tribute to Late Kevin Wilkinson
Eighties pop star Howard Jones has penned a tribute to drummer pal Kevin Wilkinson, 10 years after the session musician hanged himself. The "New Song" singer, who had worked exclusively with Wilkinson, admits he was still struggling to come to terms with his death and decided to sit down with mutual friends and write about his feelings.
The result was new song "You Knew Us Well". Jones tells WENN, "I really needed to document the process that I went through to try and come to terms with the death. I talked it through with a lot of friends who actually knew him, so we kind of helped each other through."
"I thought it was very important to do that because I'm sure that loads of people have been through a similar thing with a friend. You get very angry and you start to feel really guilty and then you start to think about how great that person's life was and, in the end, I started to come to a positive view about it all."
"Although it came to tragedy, the things to remember were there was so much fun and laughter and friendship we've had. I thought that would be of great use to other people."
- Kim Kardashian on Butt Pads Allegations: 'I Don't Need Them'
- Lil' Kim Cancels Performance at Essence Festival
- Tyga Romances Blonde Beauty in '1 of 1' Music Video
- David Foster's Daughters: Yolanda Hadid Is Not Dying If She Continues to Be on Reality Show
- Alexander Skarsgard Laughs Off Wedding Plan Rumor
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday
- Keri Russell Reveals Her Baby's Gender and Name
- Debby Ryan Gets Probation After Pleading No Contest to DUI