Howard Jones Penned a Tribute to Late Kevin Wilkinson
Eighties pop star Howard Jones has penned a tribute to drummer pal Kevin Wilkinson, 10 years after the session musician hanged himself. The "New Song" singer, who had worked exclusively with Wilkinson, admits he was still struggling to come to terms with his death and decided to sit down with mutual friends and write about his feelings.
The result was new song "You Knew Us Well". Jones tells WENN, "I really needed to document the process that I went through to try and come to terms with the death. I talked it through with a lot of friends who actually knew him, so we kind of helped each other through."
"I thought it was very important to do that because I'm sure that loads of people have been through a similar thing with a friend. You get very angry and you start to feel really guilty and then you start to think about how great that person's life was and, in the end, I started to come to a positive view about it all."
"Although it came to tragedy, the things to remember were there was so much fun and laughter and friendship we've had. I thought that would be of great use to other people."
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show