Romanian Singer Allegedly Committed Suicide on Birthday
Romanian folk singer Madalina Manole has been found dead from a suspected suicide on her 43rd birthday. The body of Manole was discovered at her home in Bucharest on Wednesday, July 14.
Police have launched an investigation into her death and are looking into the possibility the former child star, who rose to fame at the age of 15, took her own life after leaving an apparent suicide note for her husband Mircea Petru.
Reports said she had a concert the night she allegedly committed suicide. She went home with her husband and went to the bathroom but never came out. Some said her husband was not at home at the time of the tragedy but he was the one who discovered her body.
Manole is survived by her spouse and their one-year-old son, Petru, reports the Associated Press. In her native country, she is known as the "girl with the flame-colored hair" and for her romantic songs.
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna