Romanian Singer Allegedly Committed Suicide on Birthday
Romanian folk singer Madalina Manole has been found dead from a suspected suicide on her 43rd birthday. The body of Manole was discovered at her home in Bucharest on Wednesday, July 14.
Police have launched an investigation into her death and are looking into the possibility the former child star, who rose to fame at the age of 15, took her own life after leaving an apparent suicide note for her husband Mircea Petru.
Reports said she had a concert the night she allegedly committed suicide. She went home with her husband and went to the bathroom but never came out. Some said her husband was not at home at the time of the tragedy but he was the one who discovered her body.
Manole is survived by her spouse and their one-year-old son, Petru, reports the Associated Press. In her native country, she is known as the "girl with the flame-colored hair" and for her romantic songs.
- Gigi Hadid's Family Wants Her to Dump Zayn Malik Because of This
- Is Destiny's Child Reunion Happening? Here's What Kelly Rowland Says
- Kim Kardashian's Sex Tape Turned Into Virtual Reality Experience
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Photos: Jon Snow Reunites With an Old Friend and It's Doesn't Look Friendly
- Jennifer Lawrence Was 'Stressed Out' When Dating Chris Martin, Is Happier With Darren Aronofsky
- Blake Lively Celebrates Ryan Reynolds' 40th Birthday Amid Physical Abuse Allegations
- Justin Bieber Extends 'Purpose World Tour' After Storming Off Stage Mid-Performance
- Ice Cube and 'Hamilton' Helmer Team Up for 'Oliver Twist' Musical at Disney