Romanian Singer Allegedly Committed Suicide on Birthday
Romanian folk singer Madalina Manole has been found dead from a suspected suicide on her 43rd birthday. The body of Manole was discovered at her home in Bucharest on Wednesday, July 14.
Police have launched an investigation into her death and are looking into the possibility the former child star, who rose to fame at the age of 15, took her own life after leaving an apparent suicide note for her husband Mircea Petru.
Reports said she had a concert the night she allegedly committed suicide. She went home with her husband and went to the bathroom but never came out. Some said her husband was not at home at the time of the tragedy but he was the one who discovered her body.
Manole is survived by her spouse and their one-year-old son, Petru, reports the Associated Press. In her native country, she is known as the "girl with the flame-colored hair" and for her romantic songs.
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer Bra for Love Magazine
- Kanye West in Talks to Join Revival of 'American Idol'
- Midlife Crisis? Leonardo DiCaprio Will Do Anything to Stay Young
- Harry Styles Is 'Terrified' His Debut Solo Single Will Not Sell
- Kim Kardashian Drops Baby Bombshell to Save 'KUWTK' Ratings
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'