Romanian Singer Allegedly Committed Suicide on Birthday
Romanian folk singer Madalina Manole has been found dead from a suspected suicide on her 43rd birthday. The body of Manole was discovered at her home in Bucharest on Wednesday, July 14.
Police have launched an investigation into her death and are looking into the possibility the former child star, who rose to fame at the age of 15, took her own life after leaving an apparent suicide note for her husband Mircea Petru.
Reports said she had a concert the night she allegedly committed suicide. She went home with her husband and went to the bathroom but never came out. Some said her husband was not at home at the time of the tragedy but he was the one who discovered her body.
Manole is survived by her spouse and their one-year-old son, Petru, reports the Associated Press. In her native country, she is known as the "girl with the flame-colored hair" and for her romantic songs.
- Tyra Banks Accused of Abusing a Girl on 'America's Got Talent'
- Kanye West Is 'Humiliated' by Kim Kardashian's Deflated Butt
- Fergie Signs With BMG After Quitting Interscope
- Celine Dion, J.Lo, Mariah Carey and Backstreet Boys Will Not Cancel Vegas Shows Despite ISIS Threat
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Enjoy Night Out in Cannes
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service