Label Decide to Release Lee Ryan's New Album Following Fans Petition
British singer Lee Ryan is celebrating after an online fan petition convinced record label bosses to release his upcoming album. The former Blue star revealed earlier this week that executives at Geffen had decided not to release "Confessions" in October, due to poor single sales.
Ryan's comeback offering, a double-sided single titled "I Am Who I Am/Secret Love" - his first new solo material since 2007 - limped into the U.K. chart at number 33 last week. Fans rallied round Ryan, setting up an online petition to have Confessions made available - and the star told them on Tuesday evening, July 13 that their campaign has been successful.
In a post on his Twitter.com page, he writes, "I think your petition has worked!!! The record label have said they will release it now!!! So happy! Thank you everyone for helping me!!"
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: A Man Gets His Heart Broken and Leaves
- Chris Hemsworth and Tom Hiddleston Bring Thor and Loki to Children Hospital in Australia
- Kendall Jenner Flaunts Her Booty in Unpublished Vogue Pic
- 'Pretty Little Liars' 7.10 Preview: The Kidnapper Gets Attacked
- Iggy Azalea Hits Recording Studio With Verse Simmonds
- See Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel Goof Around With Hillary Clinton at L.A. Fundraiser
- Lionsgate Bringing 'The Monolith' Comic Book to Big Screen
- Teresa Giudice Under Fire for Posting Inappropriate Bikini Pics of Her Underage Daughters