Label Decide to Release Lee Ryan's New Album Following Fans Petition
British singer Lee Ryan is celebrating after an online fan petition convinced record label bosses to release his upcoming album. The former Blue star revealed earlier this week that executives at Geffen had decided not to release "Confessions" in October, due to poor single sales.
Ryan's comeback offering, a double-sided single titled "I Am Who I Am/Secret Love" - his first new solo material since 2007 - limped into the U.K. chart at number 33 last week. Fans rallied round Ryan, setting up an online petition to have Confessions made available - and the star told them on Tuesday evening, July 13 that their campaign has been successful.
In a post on his Twitter.com page, he writes, "I think your petition has worked!!! The record label have said they will release it now!!! So happy! Thank you everyone for helping me!!"
- Kourtney Kardashian Cuddles Up to Son Reign in Skimpy Bikini
- Bella Hadid Parades Her Hot Bod in Skimpy Bikini in Monaco
- 'Womanizer' Scott Disick Cozies Up to 6th Woman in Monaco
- Emily Ratajkowski Goes Nude on the Set of New Thriller 'Welcome Home'
- Rihanna Sparks Pregnancy Speculations
- Suzy Hints That She's Missing Boyfriend Lee Min Ho in New Instagram Pic
- Big Bang's G-Dragon Sports Cornrows and Heavy Makeup in New Instagram Pics
- Pregnant Nikki Reed Bares Cleavage in Sexy Maternity Clothes