Label Decide to Release Lee Ryan's New Album Following Fans Petition
British singer Lee Ryan is celebrating after an online fan petition convinced record label bosses to release his upcoming album. The former Blue star revealed earlier this week that executives at Geffen had decided not to release "Confessions" in October, due to poor single sales.
Ryan's comeback offering, a double-sided single titled "I Am Who I Am/Secret Love" - his first new solo material since 2007 - limped into the U.K. chart at number 33 last week. Fans rallied round Ryan, setting up an online petition to have Confessions made available - and the star told them on Tuesday evening, July 13 that their campaign has been successful.
In a post on his Twitter.com page, he writes, "I think your petition has worked!!! The record label have said they will release it now!!! So happy! Thank you everyone for helping me!!"
- Watch Justin Timberlake and Jimmy Fallon Return to Camp Winnipesaukee in the Fall
- James McAvoy Lets Loose 'The Beast' in New 'Split' Trailer
- Britney Spears Undergoing Surgery to 'Tweak' Her Nipples and Areolas?
- Pussy Riot Dedicates 'Straight Outta Vagina' Video to Donald Trump
- See Photos of 'Pretty Little Liars' Stars on Last Day of Filming Series Finale
- 'Toy Story 4' Release Date Delayed Again, 'The Incredibles 2' Moved Up
- Tom Cruise Secretly Romancing a British Woman and He's 'Serious' About It
- Kim Kardashian Concierge Says Robbers Didn't Want Her Jewelry. What Were They After, Then?