Label Decide to Release Lee Ryan's New Album Following Fans Petition
British singer Lee Ryan is celebrating after an online fan petition convinced record label bosses to release his upcoming album. The former Blue star revealed earlier this week that executives at Geffen had decided not to release "Confessions" in October, due to poor single sales.
Ryan's comeback offering, a double-sided single titled "I Am Who I Am/Secret Love" - his first new solo material since 2007 - limped into the U.K. chart at number 33 last week. Fans rallied round Ryan, setting up an online petition to have Confessions made available - and the star told them on Tuesday evening, July 13 that their campaign has been successful.
In a post on his Twitter.com page, he writes, "I think your petition has worked!!! The record label have said they will release it now!!! So happy! Thank you everyone for helping me!!"
- Jeffrey Dean Morgan on 'The Walking Dead' Season 7: It's Negan's World Now
- First Look at New Villain in 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Revealed
- 'Homeland' Finds Its Female President in 'House of Cards' Star
- Lindsay Lohan's Father Confirms She Told Him She's Pregnant
- Beyonce and 4-Year-Old Blue Ivy Play Twinsie in Cute Pictures
- Shonda Rhimes Denies 'GMA' Report That 'Scandal' Is Ending With Season 6
- Ellen Pompeo Admits She Stays on 'Grey's Anatomy' Because of Her Age
- James McAvoy Is a Psychopath in 'Split' Trailer