Label Decide to Release Lee Ryan's New Album Following Fans Petition
British singer Lee Ryan is celebrating after an online fan petition convinced record label bosses to release his upcoming album. The former Blue star revealed earlier this week that executives at Geffen had decided not to release "Confessions" in October, due to poor single sales.
Ryan's comeback offering, a double-sided single titled "I Am Who I Am/Secret Love" - his first new solo material since 2007 - limped into the U.K. chart at number 33 last week. Fans rallied round Ryan, setting up an online petition to have Confessions made available - and the star told them on Tuesday evening, July 13 that their campaign has been successful.
In a post on his Twitter.com page, he writes, "I think your petition has worked!!! The record label have said they will release it now!!! So happy! Thank you everyone for helping me!!"
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.02 Preview Promises Revelation of the Saviors' Secret
- Did Faith Evans Just Expose Her Vagina in Front of the Crowd? See the Evidence!
- 'Magnificent Seven' Debuts Strong on Domestic Box Office, 'Bridget Jones's Baby' Tops Overseas
- Josh Brolin Ties the Knot With Longtime Girlfriend Kathryn Boyd. See the Photos
- Drake's 'Views' Returns to No. 1 on Billboard 200 for 13th Week
- Idina Menzel Debuts Engagement Ring From Fiance Aaron Lohr at iHeartRadio Music Festival
- Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux Hold Hands in NYC Following Split Rumors
- Backstreet Boys Joins Florida Georgia Line at iHeartRadio Music Festival. Plus Other Performances!