Jonathan Davis Tempted to End His Own Life When Recording Korn's Latest Album
Korn star Jonathan Davis wanted to kill himself while recording the band's latest album - because producer Ross Robinson drove him to the brink of madness. The rockers teamed up with Robinson, who worked on their first two albums, to record "Korn III : Remember Who You Are".
Davis, who has been on anti-depressants since he quit drugs 12 years ago, was constantly tormented by Ross in the studio, as the producer forced him to open up about his ultra-personal lyrics. The frontman admits he fell into a deep depression and "wanted to die" - and became convinced Robinson was "sticking a knife" into him at every opportunity.
Davis tells Kerrang! magazine, "Making the record was sheer f**king hell. It was one of the most difficult things in my life. It was f**king torment. (Ross) put me in a place I didn't want to be. He put me in a horrible depression where I wanted to kill myself again. It was f**ked up. He was just pushing my buttons, tormenting me and f**king me up."
"He'd find out everything that my lyrics were about, then he'd use that s**t as ammo while I was singing. I got back into a position where I trusted him, but then he abused the s**t out of (that trust) and that killed me... He was sticking a knife deep into my heart. It was f**king brutal. He's a motherf**ker. I literally got to the point where I wanted to die. (Bandmates) Fieldy and Munky were worried sick about me. I lost a whole lot of weight, I couldn't eat, I was rotting away."
Davis also claims his wife was brought to a recording session by Ross - and the producer forced him to sing a highly personal track to her face. But the traumatic experience had a happy ending - Davis managed to quit anti-depressants after pouring out his emotions on the record.
He adds, "I feel better than I have in a long time and I think it's because of this album. I've been on Prozac for 12 years and I'm off it now. I know what it feels like to be excited and sad again. I haven't felt like this in 12 years; I'm like a giddy little kid."
- Kim Kardashian Admits That Her Curvy Figure Makes Her Feel Insecure
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion