Cheryl Cole Wants to Work on 'X Factor' Immediately
British singer Cheryl Cole is "better and feeling perky" after she was struck down with malaria, according to her pal Simon Cowell. The Girls Aloud star has been hospitalized in the U.K. since she was diagnosed with the mosquito-borne illness earlier this month.
Doctors have ordered her to pull out of upcoming work commitments so she can recuperate, forcing Cowell to search for another star to take Cole's seat on the judging panel of his U.K. talent show, "The X Factor". But Cowell is confident Cole will return to the series soon - she texted the music mogul on Monday, July 12 to tell him she's eager to head back to the show.
He says, "I had a text from her last night. She says she is better and feeling perky. She does want to come back to work but I need to talk to her about when that's going to be."
The 27 year old was struck down by the disease after a trip to Tanzania with her dancer friend Derek Hough last month.
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs
- Nicole Kidman Says She Was Too Young When She Married Tom Cruise
- Watch Trailer for 30 Seconds to Mars' 'Camp Mars: The Concert Film'