Cheryl Cole Wants to Work on 'X Factor' Immediately
British singer Cheryl Cole is "better and feeling perky" after she was struck down with malaria, according to her pal Simon Cowell. The Girls Aloud star has been hospitalized in the U.K. since she was diagnosed with the mosquito-borne illness earlier this month.
Doctors have ordered her to pull out of upcoming work commitments so she can recuperate, forcing Cowell to search for another star to take Cole's seat on the judging panel of his U.K. talent show, "The X Factor". But Cowell is confident Cole will return to the series soon - she texted the music mogul on Monday, July 12 to tell him she's eager to head back to the show.
He says, "I had a text from her last night. She says she is better and feeling perky. She does want to come back to work but I need to talk to her about when that's going to be."
The 27 year old was struck down by the disease after a trip to Tanzania with her dancer friend Derek Hough last month.
- Kristen Stewart Reunites With 'Twilight' Co-Stars at Women in Hollywood Awards
- Len Wiseman Files for Divorce From Kate Beckinsale
- Lady GaGa to Perform at 2016 American Music Awards
- Gilmore Girls at Major Crossroads in 'A Year in the Life' First Trailer
- Justin Timberlake Votes Early but He Lands in Trouble for Taking Ballot Selfie
- 'Walking Dead' Slammed by Parents TV Council Over Brutal Deaths
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit