Cheryl Cole Wants to Work on 'X Factor' Immediately
British singer Cheryl Cole is "better and feeling perky" after she was struck down with malaria, according to her pal Simon Cowell. The Girls Aloud star has been hospitalized in the U.K. since she was diagnosed with the mosquito-borne illness earlier this month.
Doctors have ordered her to pull out of upcoming work commitments so she can recuperate, forcing Cowell to search for another star to take Cole's seat on the judging panel of his U.K. talent show, "The X Factor". But Cowell is confident Cole will return to the series soon - she texted the music mogul on Monday, July 12 to tell him she's eager to head back to the show.
He says, "I had a text from her last night. She says she is better and feeling perky. She does want to come back to work but I need to talk to her about when that's going to be."
The 27 year old was struck down by the disease after a trip to Tanzania with her dancer friend Derek Hough last month.
- Snoop Dogg Denies Mocking His 'Nephew' Young Thug in 'Moment I Feared' Video
- 'RuPaul's Drag Race' Season 9 Finale: Does Your Favorite Win?
- Kesha's Mother Admits She Has No Firsthand Personal Knowledge of Alleged Rape by Dr. Luke
- Meet Ryan Gosling and Eva Mendes' Youngest Daughter Amada
- Tyga Premieres Fun Video for 'Flossin' Featuring His Son King Cairo
- Kris Jenner Comes Under Fire for Allegedly Photoshopping Her Latest Instagram Pic
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoniex' Confirmed to Introduce Dazzler
- Jennifer Lopez Claps Back at Haters for Accusing Her of Photoshopping Her Abs