Cheryl Cole Wants to Work on 'X Factor' Immediately
British singer Cheryl Cole is "better and feeling perky" after she was struck down with malaria, according to her pal Simon Cowell. The Girls Aloud star has been hospitalized in the U.K. since she was diagnosed with the mosquito-borne illness earlier this month.
Doctors have ordered her to pull out of upcoming work commitments so she can recuperate, forcing Cowell to search for another star to take Cole's seat on the judging panel of his U.K. talent show, "The X Factor". But Cowell is confident Cole will return to the series soon - she texted the music mogul on Monday, July 12 to tell him she's eager to head back to the show.
He says, "I had a text from her last night. She says she is better and feeling perky. She does want to come back to work but I need to talk to her about when that's going to be."
The 27 year old was struck down by the disease after a trip to Tanzania with her dancer friend Derek Hough last month.
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'