Cheryl Cole Wants to Work on 'X Factor' Immediately
British singer Cheryl Cole is "better and feeling perky" after she was struck down with malaria, according to her pal Simon Cowell. The Girls Aloud star has been hospitalized in the U.K. since she was diagnosed with the mosquito-borne illness earlier this month.
Doctors have ordered her to pull out of upcoming work commitments so she can recuperate, forcing Cowell to search for another star to take Cole's seat on the judging panel of his U.K. talent show, "The X Factor". But Cowell is confident Cole will return to the series soon - she texted the music mogul on Monday, July 12 to tell him she's eager to head back to the show.
He says, "I had a text from her last night. She says she is better and feeling perky. She does want to come back to work but I need to talk to her about when that's going to be."
The 27 year old was struck down by the disease after a trip to Tanzania with her dancer friend Derek Hough last month.
More The X Factor News
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal