Paul McCartney's Designer Daughter to Outfit Team Great Britain at 2012 Olympics
Brits will be competing at the 2012 Olympics in style - fashion designer Stella McCartney has been selected to outfit the athletes at the international event. Sir Paul McCartney's daughter has been appointed to oversee the designs for Team Great Britain's uniforms, which will be worn in competition at the London Olympics and Paralympics.
And McCartney, who is currently expecting her fourth child, insists she's prepared to tackle the daunting task after years of creating looks for the runways. She says, "The challenges are certainly there - you're working with athletes. The main thing I want to do is not in any way get involved with making their performance not its best."
"I want to make them the best they can be. And in order to do that I'm obviously working with incredibly technical fabrics. I'm dealing with silhouettes that I wouldn't normally perhaps work with. So there are challenges - I have a million challenges. I have to make it look good on TV, I have to make it feel good for the athletes, I have to make it work."
More Paul McCartney News
- Katy Perry Is the Most-Followed Person on Twitter With Record-Breaking 90 Million Followers
- Here's Nick Young's Response to Iggy Azalea's Cheating Claims
- First Image From 'Ash vs. Evil Dead' Season 2 Reveals Surprising New Ally
- Drake Caught Leaving Rihanna's Hotel Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Lady GaGa Is Finally a Licensed Driver
- Check Out the New Drift in 'Transformers: The Last Knight'
- Louis Tomlinson Blasts Media, Asks Them to Respect Son's Privacy Amid Custody Battle
- Iggy Azalea Receives Flowers From Nick Young's Teammate D'Angelo Russell After Breakup?