Sylvester Stallone Regrets Doing Silly Comedies
Sylvester Stallone regrets making comedies like "Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot" - because they ruined his career. The movie star teamed up with "Golden Girls" star Estelle Getty in the 1992 film and he now accepts it was a big mistake - because his fans didn't approve of him making something so silly.
Stallone tells Cigar Aficionado magazine, "The audience expects certain kinds of films out of certain actors. I made the mistake of going too far off the beaten track. John Wayne knew what his audience wanted; he never would have made Stop! or My Mom Will Shoot."
"People underestimate the relationship certain actors have with their audience. When you mock that by doing something so far off-centre, they let you know. Someone once said that if you give an audience what it wants, you'll be around for a long time, and if you give them what you want, you'll wind up broke."
And, at 63, Stallone not only regrets the films he made but the films he passed on, like "Romancing the Stone", "Witness" and "Coming Home". He adds, "I would like to have done a few more dramas."
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival