It's Official, Piers Morgan to Replace Larry King
British broadcaster Piers Morgan has signed a multi-million dollar deal to replace veteran newsman Larry King after he ends his 25-year run hosting "Larry King Live". The "tAmerica's Got judge inked an $8.25 million four-year deal for the coveted role presenting CNN's popular talk show, which features interviews with celebrities and prominent figures.
Morgan, who will work 30 weeks a year to film the nightly show, beat competition from hotly tipped "American Idol" host Ryan Seacrest and news anchor Katie Couric to take the job. A source tells Britain's The Sun, "Bosses were impressed by the quality of Piers' interviews."
King, 76, announced last month he was stepping down to concentrate on his family and other projects such as radio.
- 'Stranger Things': Here's What Upside Down Is According to the Child Actors
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Grab Breakfast Sans Kids Amid Rumor They Call Off Divorce
- Cheryl's Mom Fuels Rumors Singer Is Expecting a Child With Liam Payne
- Lionsgate Is Open for More 'Twilight' Sequels
- Cara Delevingne Nearly Topless in Ripped Top for Puma Campaign
- See Tom Brady Sunbathing Completely Naked During Vacation With Gisele Bundchen
- Everyone Is Excited to Meet Superman in New 'Supergirl' Season 2 Sneak Peeks
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch