It's Official, Piers Morgan to Replace Larry King
British broadcaster Piers Morgan has signed a multi-million dollar deal to replace veteran newsman Larry King after he ends his 25-year run hosting "Larry King Live". The "tAmerica's Got judge inked an $8.25 million four-year deal for the coveted role presenting CNN's popular talk show, which features interviews with celebrities and prominent figures.
Morgan, who will work 30 weeks a year to film the nightly show, beat competition from hotly tipped "American Idol" host Ryan Seacrest and news anchor Katie Couric to take the job. A source tells Britain's The Sun, "Bosses were impressed by the quality of Piers' interviews."
King, 76, announced last month he was stepping down to concentrate on his family and other projects such as radio.
- Iggy Azalea and French Montana Are Pictured Kissing as a Source Confirms Their Relationship
- It's Official: 'Pretty Little Liars' to End With Season 7, 'Grimm' Canceled After 6 Seasons
- Red Band Trailer for 'Kevin Hart: What Now?' Sees Halle Berry as the Comedian's Bond Girl
- Watch Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj Ooze Sexiness in 'Side to Side' Video
- Is Kanye West Trying to Make Up With Taylor Swift With This Picture?
- Bella Thorne Rises to Stardom in Trailer for 'Famous in Love' From 'Pretty Little Liars' Creator
- Ben Affleck's Batman May Face Off Deathstroke in Solo Movie
- Justin Bieber Accidentally Reactivates Instagram Account