It's Official, Piers Morgan to Replace Larry King
British broadcaster Piers Morgan has signed a multi-million dollar deal to replace veteran newsman Larry King after he ends his 25-year run hosting "Larry King Live". The "tAmerica's Got judge inked an $8.25 million four-year deal for the coveted role presenting CNN's popular talk show, which features interviews with celebrities and prominent figures.
Morgan, who will work 30 weeks a year to film the nightly show, beat competition from hotly tipped "American Idol" host Ryan Seacrest and news anchor Katie Couric to take the job. A source tells Britain's The Sun, "Bosses were impressed by the quality of Piers' interviews."
King, 76, announced last month he was stepping down to concentrate on his family and other projects such as radio.
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour