It's Official, Piers Morgan to Replace Larry King
British broadcaster Piers Morgan has signed a multi-million dollar deal to replace veteran newsman Larry King after he ends his 25-year run hosting "Larry King Live". The "tAmerica's Got judge inked an $8.25 million four-year deal for the coveted role presenting CNN's popular talk show, which features interviews with celebrities and prominent figures.
Morgan, who will work 30 weeks a year to film the nightly show, beat competition from hotly tipped "American Idol" host Ryan Seacrest and news anchor Katie Couric to take the job. A source tells Britain's The Sun, "Bosses were impressed by the quality of Piers' interviews."
King, 76, announced last month he was stepping down to concentrate on his family and other projects such as radio.
- 'Avengers' Helmer Joss Whedon to Direct, Write and Produce 'Batgirl'
- Beyonce Is Making $500K Nursery for Her Unborn Twins
- Mariah Carey Is Spending Too Much Money on Toyboy Bryan Tanaka
- Amber Rose Is Joining Secret Online Dating App
- 'Annabelle' Sequel Gets New Title
- Kim Kardashian Doesn't Want Her Daughter North West to Be Managed by Kris Jenner
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'