It's Official, Piers Morgan to Replace Larry King
British broadcaster Piers Morgan has signed a multi-million dollar deal to replace veteran newsman Larry King after he ends his 25-year run hosting "Larry King Live". The "tAmerica's Got judge inked an $8.25 million four-year deal for the coveted role presenting CNN's popular talk show, which features interviews with celebrities and prominent figures.
Morgan, who will work 30 weeks a year to film the nightly show, beat competition from hotly tipped "American Idol" host Ryan Seacrest and news anchor Katie Couric to take the job. A source tells Britain's The Sun, "Bosses were impressed by the quality of Piers' interviews."
King, 76, announced last month he was stepping down to concentrate on his family and other projects such as radio.
- Khloe Kardashian Sparks Engagement Rumors After Spotted With Diamond Ring
- 'The Foreigner' Trailer: Jackie Chan Get Revenge on Pierce Brosnan
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Call It Quits
- Alleged Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber Collab 'Steal Our Love' Leaks Online
- New Couple Alert? Katy Perry and Chris Martin Are Spotted Holding Hands
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed