Duran Duran's Simon Le Bon Fond of Meeting 'Barbarella' Jane Fonda
Duran Duran star Simon Le Bon has finally met the star of the film which inspired the band's name. The "Rio" singer was stunned when he learned Jane Fonda was a fellow guest at a recent Valentino Garavani party in France and he got the chance to say hello and find out what the actress though about the band naming themselves after the villain of her 1968 cult film "Barbarella".
In a post on the Duran Duran website, Le Bon writes, "I went over to her and asked, 'What do you think about us being Duran Duran?' She said it was difficult for a while, but 'after a few marriages, and one to someone with a sense of humor, I finally came around to it!' "
"She was lovely, I am really glad I finally got to meet the original Barbarella... After meeting Jane Fonda, my mood was on a high for the rest of the evening."
- Pixar's Video Reveals Mind-Blowing Hidden Easter Eggs Throughout Their Movies
- Olivia Munn Reportedly Causes a Rift in Aaron Rodgers' Family
- Watch Fifth Harmony and Blake Shelton's Performances at 2017 People's Choice Awards
- Taryn Manning Is Not Leaving 'Orange Is the New Black', Despite Report
- Zayn Malik Shows Off New 'Love' Tattoo Amid Gigi Hadid Engagement Rumors
- Jennifer Lopez Spotted Cozying Up to Drake on Another Date
- Is Jared Leto Returning as Joker in New DC Movie?
- Listen to Big Sean's New Moody Track 'Halfway Off the Balcony'