Duran Duran's Simon Le Bon Fond of Meeting 'Barbarella' Jane Fonda
Duran Duran star Simon Le Bon has finally met the star of the film which inspired the band's name. The "Rio" singer was stunned when he learned Jane Fonda was a fellow guest at a recent Valentino Garavani party in France and he got the chance to say hello and find out what the actress though about the band naming themselves after the villain of her 1968 cult film "Barbarella".
In a post on the Duran Duran website, Le Bon writes, "I went over to her and asked, 'What do you think about us being Duran Duran?' She said it was difficult for a while, but 'after a few marriages, and one to someone with a sense of humor, I finally came around to it!' "
"She was lovely, I am really glad I finally got to meet the original Barbarella... After meeting Jane Fonda, my mood was on a high for the rest of the evening."
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic