Duran Duran's Simon Le Bon Fond of Meeting 'Barbarella' Jane Fonda
Duran Duran star Simon Le Bon has finally met the star of the film which inspired the band's name. The "Rio" singer was stunned when he learned Jane Fonda was a fellow guest at a recent Valentino Garavani party in France and he got the chance to say hello and find out what the actress though about the band naming themselves after the villain of her 1968 cult film "Barbarella".
In a post on the Duran Duran website, Le Bon writes, "I went over to her and asked, 'What do you think about us being Duran Duran?' She said it was difficult for a while, but 'after a few marriages, and one to someone with a sense of humor, I finally came around to it!' "
"She was lovely, I am really glad I finally got to meet the original Barbarella... After meeting Jane Fonda, my mood was on a high for the rest of the evening."
- Drake Admits Nicki Minaj Was the Reason Behind His Meek Mill Feud
- 'The Walking Dead' Will Reveal Who Helped Daryl Escape the Sanctuary
- Beyonce Is Suffering From Bad Morning Sickness
- You're Not the Victim! Brad Pitt Blasts Angelina Jolie's Cambodian Interview
- Watch Migos' Energetic Performance of 'Bad and Boujee' on 'Ellen'
- Ryan Seacrest Assures Fans Everything Is OK After Fire Breaks Out at His $50M Mansion
- Pregnant Again? Blac Chyna Sports Suspicious Bump While Stepping Out With Another Man
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'