John Lydon Receives Hate Mail Over Tel Aviv Gig Plan
John Lydon has received hate mail after announcing plans to perform in Israel weeks after acts like the Pixies and Elvis Costello boycotted the country in protest over its policy towards Palestinians in the Gaza Strip. The former Sex Pistols star, aka Johnny Rotten, will take the reformed Public Image Ltd. to Tel Aviv for a concert and he reveals the decision hasn't been a popular one but he has no plans to back down.
Lydon tells the BBC, "Of course, there are all sorts of terrible politics going on down there but there is just about all over the world. You cannot separate yourself from your audience because of the political powers-that-be."
"I'm anti-government... and I shall be making that loud and clearly proud once I'm in Israel. We've received a lot of hate mail... (but) I say, 'Don't be so ignorant, it's John speaking here and I'm going there to cause trouble and I will do it musically'."
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?