Bret Michaels Reportedly Asks Longtime Girlfriend's Hand in Marriage
Rocker Bret Michaels has proposed to his longtime girlfriend, the woman who supported him through his recent health crisis. The Poison star suffered a brain hemorrhage and a mild stroke in April and May 2009 and his on/off girlfriend of 16 years, Kristi Lynn Gibson, was by his side throughout.
And now her love and support has been rewarded - Michaels popped the question during the Independence Day, July 4 weekend, according to U.S. tabloid the Star. A source tells the publication, "Bret felt like now was the time because Kristi has been through so much with Bret and has been by his side every step of the way."
The insider insists the rocker's health scare has made him realize how important family is, claiming "He's woken up. He now knows he wants to be a husband... Kristi is thrilled that they will be getting married."
"They haven't set a date and no plans are in the works yet. But when Bret's tour ends they will work out the details. Bret wants to be in excellent health before he walks down the aisle." The couple shares daughters Raine Elizabeth, 10, and Jorja Bleu, five.
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Gets Striptease From Mariah Carey's Dancer on Vegas Stage
- Aziz Ansari Puts Donald Trump on Blast in Scathing Op-Ed Over Anti-Muslim Remarks
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'