Bret Michaels Reportedly Asks Longtime Girlfriend's Hand in Marriage
Rocker Bret Michaels has proposed to his longtime girlfriend, the woman who supported him through his recent health crisis. The Poison star suffered a brain hemorrhage and a mild stroke in April and May 2009 and his on/off girlfriend of 16 years, Kristi Lynn Gibson, was by his side throughout.
And now her love and support has been rewarded - Michaels popped the question during the Independence Day, July 4 weekend, according to U.S. tabloid the Star. A source tells the publication, "Bret felt like now was the time because Kristi has been through so much with Bret and has been by his side every step of the way."
The insider insists the rocker's health scare has made him realize how important family is, claiming "He's woken up. He now knows he wants to be a husband... Kristi is thrilled that they will be getting married."
"They haven't set a date and no plans are in the works yet. But when Bret's tour ends they will work out the details. Bret wants to be in excellent health before he walks down the aisle." The couple shares daughters Raine Elizabeth, 10, and Jorja Bleu, five.
- Report: Blake Shelon Is Hiding Shameful Family Secrets From Gwen Stefani
- Kim Kardashian Hits Back at Haters Over Her Unretouched Bikini Photos
- Are J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Readying New Show Together?
- La La Vazquez Parties at NYC Strip Club After Ditching Kim Kardashian's Mexican Getaway
- Paris Jackson Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skimpy Outfit
- La La Vazquez Is Too Heartbroken to Join Kim Kardashian's Vacation in Mexico
- Harry Styles Makes a Mysterious Response to His Han Solo Casting Rumors
- G-Dragon and Sulli's Recent Instagram Posts Fuel Dating Speculation