Bret Michaels Reportedly Asks Longtime Girlfriend's Hand in Marriage
Rocker Bret Michaels has proposed to his longtime girlfriend, the woman who supported him through his recent health crisis. The Poison star suffered a brain hemorrhage and a mild stroke in April and May 2009 and his on/off girlfriend of 16 years, Kristi Lynn Gibson, was by his side throughout.
And now her love and support has been rewarded - Michaels popped the question during the Independence Day, July 4 weekend, according to U.S. tabloid the Star. A source tells the publication, "Bret felt like now was the time because Kristi has been through so much with Bret and has been by his side every step of the way."
The insider insists the rocker's health scare has made him realize how important family is, claiming "He's woken up. He now knows he wants to be a husband... Kristi is thrilled that they will be getting married."
"They haven't set a date and no plans are in the works yet. But when Bret's tour ends they will work out the details. Bret wants to be in excellent health before he walks down the aisle." The couple shares daughters Raine Elizabeth, 10, and Jorja Bleu, five.
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers