Bret Michaels Reportedly Asks Longtime Girlfriend's Hand in Marriage
Rocker Bret Michaels has proposed to his longtime girlfriend, the woman who supported him through his recent health crisis. The Poison star suffered a brain hemorrhage and a mild stroke in April and May 2009 and his on/off girlfriend of 16 years, Kristi Lynn Gibson, was by his side throughout.
And now her love and support has been rewarded - Michaels popped the question during the Independence Day, July 4 weekend, according to U.S. tabloid the Star. A source tells the publication, "Bret felt like now was the time because Kristi has been through so much with Bret and has been by his side every step of the way."
The insider insists the rocker's health scare has made him realize how important family is, claiming "He's woken up. He now knows he wants to be a husband... Kristi is thrilled that they will be getting married."
"They haven't set a date and no plans are in the works yet. But when Bret's tour ends they will work out the details. Bret wants to be in excellent health before he walks down the aisle." The couple shares daughters Raine Elizabeth, 10, and Jorja Bleu, five.
- Mick Jagger, 73, Welcomes Baby Boy With 30-Year-Old Girlfriend Melanie Hamrick
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes