Mike Tyson Considers Himself a 'Pig' Whose 'Whole Life Is Just a Waste'
Former boxing champ Mike Tyson has dedicated the rest of his life to caring for others because he considers himself a "pig" who has "wasted" so many years of his life. Tyson shot to fame in 1986 when he became the youngest boxer to ever win the World Boxing Council (WBC) world heavyweight title at the age of 20.
The boxer, nicknamed Iron Mike, went on to become the undisputed heavyweight champion before troubles in his personal life, including his allegedly abusive marriage to actress Robin Givens, began to overshadow his sporting achievements. Now retired, Tyson admits he let his early fame and fortune go to his head and he regrets the first 44 years of his life as a "f**king waste".
He tells Details magazine, "The first stage of my life was just a whole bunch of selfishness. Just a whole bunch of gifts to myself and people who didn't necessarily deserve it. Now I'm 44, and I realize that my whole life is just a f**king waste. 'Greatest man on the planet'? I wasn't half the man I thought I was."
But Tyson has vowed to make amends for his past behavior by doing all he can to help others. He says, "So if there's a big plan now, it's just to give - it's selflessness, caring for the people who deserve it. Because I think I'm a pig. I have this uncanny ability to look at myself in the mirror and say, 'This is a pig. You are a f**king piece of s**t'."
And the sporting icon admits the tragic loss of his four-year-old daughter Exodus in 2009 made him realize his mistakes, revealing "All these people reached out (after her death) and I realized: I just want to be of service to people. I need to help. I need to have something, finally, finally, that I can offer people in this world."
- Bella Thorne Rises to Stardom in Trailer for 'Famous in Love' From 'Pretty Little Liars' Creator
- Justin Bieber Accidentally Reactivates Instagram Account
- Madonna, Usher and More Stars Pay Tribute to Michael Jackson on His Birthday
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: More Fights and Departures
- Britney and Beyonce Under Fire for Their VMAs Performances. Plus Get Details on Their Backstage Feud
- Taylor Swift Dismissed From Jury Duty due to Her Ongoing Sexual Abuse Case
- Production on 'The Maze Runner: The Death Cure' to Resume in February 2017
- Blake Lively Hosts Private Baby Shower With Taylor Swift