Mike Tyson Considers Himself a 'Pig' Whose 'Whole Life Is Just a Waste'
Former boxing champ Mike Tyson has dedicated the rest of his life to caring for others because he considers himself a "pig" who has "wasted" so many years of his life. Tyson shot to fame in 1986 when he became the youngest boxer to ever win the World Boxing Council (WBC) world heavyweight title at the age of 20.
The boxer, nicknamed Iron Mike, went on to become the undisputed heavyweight champion before troubles in his personal life, including his allegedly abusive marriage to actress Robin Givens, began to overshadow his sporting achievements. Now retired, Tyson admits he let his early fame and fortune go to his head and he regrets the first 44 years of his life as a "f**king waste".
He tells Details magazine, "The first stage of my life was just a whole bunch of selfishness. Just a whole bunch of gifts to myself and people who didn't necessarily deserve it. Now I'm 44, and I realize that my whole life is just a f**king waste. 'Greatest man on the planet'? I wasn't half the man I thought I was."
But Tyson has vowed to make amends for his past behavior by doing all he can to help others. He says, "So if there's a big plan now, it's just to give - it's selflessness, caring for the people who deserve it. Because I think I'm a pig. I have this uncanny ability to look at myself in the mirror and say, 'This is a pig. You are a f**king piece of s**t'."
And the sporting icon admits the tragic loss of his four-year-old daughter Exodus in 2009 made him realize his mistakes, revealing "All these people reached out (after her death) and I realized: I just want to be of service to people. I need to help. I need to have something, finally, finally, that I can offer people in this world."
- Get to Know More About 'The Walking Dead' Villain Negan! His Backstory Is Revealed in Comics
- Rihanna Shares 'Saucy' Video of Her Crotch
- Paris Hilton Likes a Shady Meme to Remind Kanye West She Made Kim Kardashian Famous
- Dwayne Johnson Shares New Picture From 'Fast and Furious 8' Set
- Calvin Harris Also Moves On - The DJ Is Surrounded by Sexy Ladies on a Yacht
- Video: Prince Harry Joins Coldplay Onstage During Kensington Palace Concert
- Kim Kardashian Caught Wearing Butt Pads at Khloe's Birthday Party
- Check Out Peter Parker in Spidey Suit on 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Set